• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who will need vis...

who will need visualization with this thing around:

http://translate.google.com/translat...onctionnalites
    Luke Szeflinski
    :: www.lukx.com cgi

Did the Instamatic put professional photographers out of business?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffG2 View Post
      Did the Instamatic put professional photographers out of business?
      Yes, many. And that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned, because many professional photographers I know are lazy untalented jerks.
      Marc Lorenz
      ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
      www.marclorenz.com
      www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

You guys! I picked up a book, from Amazon, called "Architectural Illustrations". The books publish date was 1977, pre-PC, and nothing has changed. So, what I got from the intro, was...

In an age of specialization, it is unlikely that any single artist could be proficient in all the wide variety of subjects and techniques included in the field of architectural illustration.

We specialize in photo-realistic renderings. It takes a lot of work, talent, and skill, to do what we do. I can't name an architect I know, who came out of school, that didn't want to specialize in renderings, but NONE took the time to get good. We have to know a lot to do what we do and we have value! Back in the day, not all jobs got a high-end rendering, created by a talented architectural illustrator. Everyone had access to paper and pencils back then. Just like everyone has access to a computer and mouse today. The person who takes the time to get good, at doing something others don't bother with, will have value.

The work I see here is incredible! You guys take yourself's for granted... if you don't value your work, then why would they?
        Last edited by glorybound; 10-10-2011, 12:43 PM.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Well, i think software like this has been around for a while. And like everything else, it did leave a lot of 3d arch viz people without work.

Don't really want to rain on your parade Bobby, but back then the world wasn't connected as it was now. An illustrator was pretty much confined to the area in which he lived or worked, i imagine sending drawings by mail must have been a bitch, but i guess it was possible. Now, this field is super saturated, and the world is one global market. I'm not sure how you work, but i wouldn't be surprised if you lost a client, or at least a job because the client decided to go with something cheaper, be it sending it to a cheap country, or obtaining something like this. It's been happening for the past 10 years.
          Dusan Bosnjak
          http://www.dusanbosnjak.com/

Comment

I think Revit Architecture has most people here afraid. This weekend, I watched the new Lynda.com series, on Revit architecture Rendering. You guys have nothing to worry about! Here is the final project rendering; sold as, high-end and photo-real. This is what Autodesk, and the vendors are selling as photo-real.

People, in my opinion, generally don't keep up with technology. Very few people who upgrade software, ever find out what is new, and how they can work better. We laid off many people over the past couple years, and I still communicate with most of them. Fortunately, all have found jobs in their field, but non have kept up with the software. What they learned her, is all they know, and that is because I am relentless in learning, and sharing what I learn. I am going to wait a couple months before I mention, to this designer, about Autodesk's Cloud Rendering Service. I bet you, he'll have no clue what I am talking about, and unless I am persistent about it, he'll not even care to look into it.

My prediction is we are a generation away being extinct by automation. I also think the mediocre should fear, because now mediocre is free.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Perspective at Entrance (High - Sun 939 x 567) - Opaque Glass.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	844563
            Last edited by glorybound; 10-10-2011, 08:52 AM.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by pailhead View Post
              Well, i think software like this has been around for a while. And like everything else, it did leave a lot of 3d arch viz people without work.

Don't really want to rain on your parade Bobby, but back then the world wasn't connected as it was now. An illustrator was pretty much confined to the area in which he lived or worked, i imagine sending drawings by mail must have been a bitch, but i guess it was possible. Now, this field is super saturated, and the world is one global market. I'm not sure how you work, but i wouldn't be surprised if you lost a client, or at least a job because the client decided to go with something cheaper, be it sending it to a cheap country, or obtaining something like this. It's been happening for the past 10 years.
              I did a job last month for a guy in New York, and last week for a guy in South Carolina. Maybe they chose me for my happy disposition . This is only possible, for me, because we are so connected.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

10 years ago a rendering like this would probably run what, $1500-$2000 in the usa? Now it's for free. Most people don't need anything better than this.
                Last edited by pailhead; 10-10-2011, 11:40 AM.
                Dusan Bosnjak

Comment

10 years ago a rendering like this would probably run what, $1500-$2000 in the usa? Now it's for free. Most people don't need anything better than this.
                  Hmmm... I wouldn't spend more than $10.00 on a meal, but my wife would spend a $100.00. I would spend $100.00 on a shirt, but my wife wouldn't spend more than $10. There is a market for everything. High-end designers will pay for high-end renderings.

Everyone is doing 3D now... we just have to do it better!
                  Bobby Parker
                  www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                  • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

agree 100% with Bobby... post nr 4 is spot on.
                    www.peterguthrie.net
                    www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
                    www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

Originally posted by peterguthrie View Post
                      agree 100% with Bobby... post nr 4 is spot on.
                      Thanks Peter
                      Bobby Parker
                      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I hope this thread stays here so we can revisit it in a few years.
                        Dusan Bosnjak

Comment

Most people don't need anything better than this.
                          I don't know.. not the people I work with. and I don't know anyone doing 3d, who would be satisfied with anything like that. anything that looks even remotely like that actually..
                          as bobby says, I wouldn't worry about mysketcher or anything like that. I don't think any client who's appreciating and looking for high end arch viz, would lower his standard to that. actually I would be much more concerned with the astonishing quantity of very good works that are regularly posted here or on ronen's forums

Comment

if you think you're going to loose work from that then i dont know what to say. you're not painting your quality of work in a very good light.

Comment

Homestyler has been out for some time, an never made a sound in the VIZ community
                              Bobby Parker
                              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X