Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share me your experiences with pc monitors please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I still didn't decide which one I'm going to buy... I was going for a philips 21" because of the good specs and reasonable price. But now that I looked at the lacie monitors I'm not sure anymore. Their 19" has better resolution specs than the philips 21", plus it seems to be a professional brand and the monitor looks cool too!

I have another question. For the moment I'm using a pretty old PC, which I'm planning to replace in the next year. But for now I'm stuck with it. It has a GeForce MX 2 card in it, and I wonder how this affects the monitor quality. If the monitor should be able to display 1920x1440 at 75Hz, how do I know if my card is able to handle this resolution?

Thanks again for all your replies!

flipside
    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Those lacie monitors look good, man have they comedown in price. Running 1600+ on a 19inch is eye suicide, sitting 10cm away from your monitor is not good for you.
      Richard De Souza

www.themanoeuvre.com

Comment

The LaCies are great. You can also get a very good USB based color calibrator for them. Another cool thing is that they have dual inputs (toggle with a button on the front) so you can have them hooked up to two computers at the same time if you want to.

Rhino: A friend of mine has 1900x1200 on his 15" laptop, and I run 1600x1200 on a dell 19" with no problems. But I plan to get the 22" Lacie next year
        Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

how do I know if my card is able to handle this resolution?
          I guess there are some sites somewhere that list the max resolutions for different cards. Try googling it. You really shouldn't get a monitor based on what your current card is capable of though. Buy somthing that will be great with the next card you get, and the next one after that
          Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

I just talked to my brother who is a geophysicist at UNH. He specializes in real-time 3D visualization for ROVs and military submarines. In general they work with cutting edge technology- often having coworkers who are consultants to companies such as Pixar.) He mentioned that they have a bunch of brand new Dell Trinitrons at his facility. He said that a bunch had burned out on them within the first few months and cannot in good faith recommend a Dell monitor to anyone. Basically he said that they're pieces of crap

On a separate note , they had purchased new 3D $7,000 Viewsonics (with the educational discounts) and says they are the best monitors their institute has had the pleasure to work with. I guess their resolution and refresh rate is so high (operating on a different frequency which enables 3D without the glasses.) He took a magnifying glass as a test to the monitors and couldnt see any pixels. But I wouldn't expect that most people or companies would/could shell out that much money on a product such as this. Hence, it's a slightly impractical side-note.

So in a nutshell, if their institute had to recommend a monitor- they would go with the Viewsonics- even their lower end products. (this is not an official endorsement of UNH lol.)

-juju
            LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
            HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
            Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

I recently bought a Diamond Pro 2070SB its capable of 2048 x 1536 at 86 Hz. Which is damn good. Its a great monitor and all the reviews i have read say that its a brilliant monitor.

Highly Recommended

I just had a look at the lacie blue site, and it seems that the monitor i bought has the same specs as the electron22blue IV. Cant compare them side by side as i dont have a lacie, but still thats pretty cool

And i got my monitor for just over $1000 AUD.....cant beat that price!!!

Actually now that i look at the lacie site again, the 2 monitors are identical...in ever spec, except the lacie is slightly bigger by 6mm They even use the same screen technology....Diamondtron Flat Aperture Grille

Very interesting!!!

Comment

Just bought an issue of PC World for December (US edition.) Looks like NEC took top billing for their CRT monitors this month.
                LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

My sony F400 at home is still the best monitor I have ever seen!

but if I were to buy a monitor today I would probably buy the new widscreen 23' lcd from sony!

Comment

Working...
                  X