No announcement yet.

Mouse Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Razer Mamba here with a Vespula mat! Its the best combo I've used.

Comment

If anyone gets the chance to try an evoluent mouse...do it....you will NEVER get pain in your wrist/arm/neck again as it was desgined to prevent that.
      Quote from their site---The Evoluent VerticalMouse 2 (an earlier model identical in concept) was evaluated in 2007 by a team at the health services clinic in UC Berkeley, including medical doctors, physical therapists, ergonomists, and administrators. It was found to be comfortable, easily adapted to, and promote a neutral wrist and forearm posture.

And if you're serious about your setup than you need to take a long hard look at your keyboard which is probably an older design than your mouse.
      Evoluent makes a keyboard with the numbers on the LHS of the keyboard.....considering we have a mouse in our right hand it just makes so much sense to have numbers on the LHS of the keyboard
      http://www.evoluent.com/kb1.html

I have been using the Evoluent mouse & keyboard for the last 2 years now and I DO NOT get ANY pain or soreness even after using them for 16hrs a day.

To be fair their were some bad drivers in the early versions but that has been fixed ages ago so it all good

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by 3DMK View Post
        I have been using the Evoluent mouse & keyboard for the last 2 years now and I DO NOT get ANY pain or soreness even after using them for 16hrs a day.
        You dont need a special mouse or keyboard. What you need is to get away from your computer after 8-10 hours...

Comment

Originally posted by Franx View Post
          You dont need a special mouse or keyboard. What you need is to get away from your computer after 8-10 hours...
          No offence but I am not sure that's good advice for anyone by saying have a break after 8-10 hours. You would need to have a break every hour for 5 mins of stretching to aleviate any pain when using a standard mouse.

Even 8-10 hours with a standard mouse & keyboard is going to make you sore.....and what happens when you have to do a 12 or 16 hour day????

Most standard mouse designs are very bad for your wrist/arm/neck and I have been to the chiropractor enough times to know that.
          To prove a point my little finger on my mouse hand had has actually changed shape/angle due to too many years using a standard mouse. My chiropractor has also informed me It will NEVER recover fully. and he is right as even after 2 years of using a erganomic design mouse my little finger is still F%$#ed.
          Also I haven't been to the Chiropractor once in 2 years since using the Evoluent mouse & keyboard setup....I used to go every 2 months when using a standard mouse.

one more point is that the Evoluent keyboard is much faster to use as it has the numbers [as well as extra enter & delete keys] on the left...no more moving the left arm all the way to the RHS of the keyboard which is slowing down production.

Hope this helps

Comment

Of course I was kidding here (as per the winking smilie), and I surely didnt mean to go 8 hours straight without taking breaks. It's just that I find there wouldnt be much life left to enjoy if I had to spend 16 of the 24 hours that make a day, working... I sincerely hope this is not your weekly routine

Comment

Originally posted by Franx View Post
              Of course I was kidding here (as per the winking smilie), and I surely didnt mean to go 8 hours straight without taking breaks. It's just that I find there wouldnt be much life left to enjoy if I had to spend 16 of the 24 hours that make a day, working... I sincerely hope this is not your weekly routine
              Sorry if I seemed a bit full-on but I misread that you were kidding.
              ...unfortunately I do work plenty of 16 hour days as I run my own business & I know that if the job is not finished on time.....My family eats air for dinner ..

Comment

I thought this might be interesting article to add to this topic
                http://boingboing.net/2012/11/07/raz...se-requir.html
                Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
                I need a new signature
                --
                Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
                ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

Comment

Logitech MX Revolution here...for past 7 years have tried many others, but always go back to the MX...

Comment

Originally posted by ior=0 View Post
                    I thought this might be interesting article to add to this topic
                    http://boingboing.net/2012/11/07/raz...se-requir.html
                    Yep, i dont like the Synapse 2.0 app, it is always as Tray icon, you have a lag when booting windows until it is saved (with my simple Microsoft mouse there wasn't), i experimented some bugs saying that the local settings were lost and asking for downloading the cloud settings....etc

Comment

After trying several mouses, i just fall in love with cyborg R.A.T 5.
                      Jérôme Prévost.
                      SolidRocks, the V-Ray Wizard.
                      http://solidrocks.subburb.com

Comment

another vote for the evoluent mouse from me!
                        yeah, they look weird, and take a bit of getting used to - but it's completely eliminated the crippling rsi in my wrist and bad shoulder pain is now a thing of the past.

very highly recommended if you spend a lot of hours in the chair!
                        when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

+1 for the evoluent mouse. Using it for more then 3 years now and all my problems i had with my wrist are gone.
                          www.short-cuts.de

Comment

I tried the evoluent mouse for awhile, but I just couldn't get used to it. Whenever I would try to click, it would too easily become a click-drag, which is horrifying for me while browsing the computer...(potential for moving directories.) Anyway, it was good quality, and their CS was good, etc. No RSI here, so I guess I gave adjusting to the mouse too easily, hehe.

Comment

Logitech G9x here...amazing mouse! Cannot but recommend...has to be combined with a really good pad too though...as every great mouse
                              Martin
                              http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Logitech Performance MX with Steelseries pad...I'm using it with a laptop, so this mouse works anywhere...., even in glass(If I don't have a pad for any reason )
                                show me the money!!

Comment

Working...
                                X