Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ge-Force 4 Ti 4600 speed!

Hello all,

I'm using Max 6 on a p4 2.5 ghz with 512mb of memory and a GF 4 Ti 4600. I've had the Ti 4600 and the drivers I'm currently using installed since I bought the computer. I haven't changed the drivers because it's been incredibly stable up to now, and well, if it aint broke, don't fix it as they say.

The things is, although Max runs smoothly without any problems in either open gl or direct-X, it becomes unusable as soon as I open the UV unwrap editor. It's fine with fairly low res meshes but anything above 10,000 polygons and it crawls to a halt, often causing my computer to crash. The update in the UV unwrap viewport becomes sooooo S-L-O-W which means I can't uv map my character .

I'm guessing it's probably a driver issue so I'm wondering if any of you out there can recommend stable up to date drivers.. please? If you think it's just lack of memory, or even Max settings, or something else then I'd love to hear your advice. Thank you in advance.

BTW, my current drivers are Nvidia 6.13.10.4109

JK

you might want to try softquadro, but it's a hassle.
    you need to get rivatuner from www.guru3d.com
    and the detonator driver version 42.51, also from guru3d.
    then you have to crack the driver with rivatuner using the softquadro4 script and the nvstrap protection script.
    then install the nvstrap driver, force quadro features on, reboot, and install the cracked 42.51 detonator driver.

now you can use the nvidia maxtreme driverwith max:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/maxtreme_6

viewport speed in max will increase greatly (maybe 3x the framerate), especially with wireframe views and vertex operations.
    Marc Lorenz
    ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
    www.marclorenz.com
    www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Working...
    X