Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
    Great one! I get it all the time.
    2nd this. Damn clients always pull this and my usual response is usually something along these lines... "My contract was with you, not your client, jerk!" I usually leave off the "jerk" part though.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Yeah I get this for glass a lot too. It needs to be more reflective... now it needs to be more transparent.... where's the depth gone?

Originally posted by super gnu View Post
      i want it white, completely transparent, and chrome reflective.
      come to think of it, any number of comments about white materials not being white enough.
      James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
      Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

* move towers to get sky
        * glass looks flat, remove that wobble this is a brand new building and new glass doesn't warp
        * the night shot is too dark, add light, turn all lights on. looks scary actually have you seen these HDR photos? yes they are great we can see it all. so colourful
        * i cant see the frit pattern make it larger. the frit pattern is too large it needs to be 2mm with 2 mm spacings - refer physical sample
        * scan this 10cm marble sample in then use it to cover the 70m wall. i need it exactly this marble. ill courier it to you.
        * add life to balconies. now. remove balcony furniture this is not hong kong student housing.
        * move furniture up to ceiling so we can see the life in the tower
        * PLEASE ENSURE SOFFITS ARE WHITE - MAKE SELF ILLUMINATED IF NECESSARY . THIS IS *WHITE* PAINT
        * remove poor people from image
        * remove black people from image (middle eastern client)
        * if in doubt add more gold ornaments, chinese love gold and money

Comment

Nic, sounds like you've been working with WB too much :P
          James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
          Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Originally posted by squintnic View Post
            * move towers to get sky
            * glass looks flat, remove that wobble this is a brand new building and new glass doesn't warp
            * the night shot is too dark, add light, turn all lights on. looks scary actually have you seen these HDR photos? yes they are great we can see it all. so colourful
            * i cant see the frit pattern make it larger. the frit pattern is too large it needs to be 2mm with 2 mm spacings - refer physical sample
            * scan this 10cm marble sample in then use it to cover the 70m wall. i need it exactly this marble. ill courier it to you.
            * add life to balconies. now. remove balcony furniture this is not hong kong student housing.
            * move furniture up to ceiling so we can see the life in the tower
            * PLEASE ENSURE SOFFITS ARE WHITE - MAKE SELF ILLUMINATED IF NECESSARY . THIS IS *WHITE* PAINT
            * remove poor people from image
            * remove black people from image (middle eastern client)
            * if in doubt add more gold ornaments, chinese love gold and money
            I recognise many of these! Especially the pattern size.
            Alex York
            Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
            www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Maybe a little late but another one I seem to be getting a lot lately is something along the lines of "we already have it modeled (in sketchup/revit/etc)" as if the no detail/no material/sketchup lines/disorganized/grouped upon grouped upon grouped/half-a$$/etc/etc model does me any good in creating an image that matches the samples I've previously provided them. I realize the revit models may be great for getting the building built and documented but it usually does me very little toward making a nice rendering other than making my life difficult. I'm always tempted to think up some response that now that I have the model that I built they should probably replace their crappy version with mine since it's way more detailed, and I expect an appropriate architectural fee to go along with it.
              www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

not to late, but they might kick me out, since it's an Autodesk event QUOTE=dlparisi;586636]Maybe a little late but another one I seem to be getting a lot lately is something along the lines of "we already have it modeled (in sketchup/revit/etc)" as if the no detail/no material/sketchup lines/disorganized/grouped upon grouped upon grouped/half-a$$/etc/etc model does me any good in creating an image that matches the samples I've previously provided them. I realize the revit models may be great for getting the building built and documented but it usually does me very little toward making a nice rendering other than making my life difficult. I'm always tempted to think up some response that now that I have the model that I built they should probably replace their crappy version with mine since it's way more detailed, and I expect an appropriate architectural fee to go along with it.[/QUOTE]
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com
                e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

scan this 10cm marble sample in then use it to cover the 70m wall. i need it exactly this marble. ill courier it to you.
                  this is a classic one!
                  Bobby Parker
                  www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                  • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I hate when a client wants "options" and they only want to pay for one view.
                    Or could you send me the model?, we would like to make some changes in house...after my "NOOO" going again to the same discussion about copyrights, what was the delivery material.
                    Or I'll send you all the information end if the day on Friday... We need it on Monday. They sent incompletely info and an soon as they sent it , literally, 1 second later everybody vanished until Monday.
                    Why the renderings look greenish in our screens.... Because they are 10 years old monitors MF.
                    Last edited by flino2004; 23-07-2013, 01:00 PM.
                    show me the money!!

Comment

Originally posted by flino2004 View Post
                      Why the renderings look greenish in our screens.... Because they are 10 years old monitors MF.
                      Now, that's funny!
                      Bobby Parker
                      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

10CM marble the best... WOW loling sooooo hard
                        CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Originally posted by flino2004 View Post
                          Haha classic!
                          Kind Regards,
                          Morne

Comment

Working...
                          X