No announcement yet.

Backburner node issue all of a sudden !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backburner node issue all of a sudden !

For some reason half way through a job that is about 1200 frames long the render manager keeps stopping with this error: An Unexpected Exception has occurred in the Network Render and it is terminating : The pipe has been ended : 109 3dsmax adaptor error

The servers report this message: Adaptor reported unexpected code -2 for - (and then a lot more text which I cannot copy from the server info).

If I restart all the nodes they seem to be fine and start rendering. Then they stop again shortly after.

I've not installed any new software on any of the nodes etc.

Does anyone have any ideas as I need to render a lot of animations out...
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

same issu here. BB 2014 is always terminating with error 109!
    have installed BB 2012 again, nor I test it with max 2014.

best regards
    themaxxer
    Pixelschmiede GmbH
    www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

Try disabling antyvirus/firewall/spyware... They might had an auto update and now are breaking stuff
      CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

disabling spyware. I have to found it first...

thanks
        themaxxer
        Pixelschmiede GmbH
        www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

It turned out that it was a problem with the job sent to backburner. I sent another job using a similar setup and it rendered fine. I did also have another problem when trying to render just some elements on my main workstation. A dreamscape sea object kept crashing the system until I deleted it and imported it from an earlier scene. Render was fine then so not sure why I suddenly had crashes with dreamscape.

I would check any plugins you are using and maybe re-create them or import from an earlier scene. Also, I guess do the same with objects etc. I guess firewalls, virus progs could be the issue but I've never found them to be in all the years I've been using vray/max etc
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

This error has come back again for an entirely different job. I actually updated all my render nodes recently to windows 7 from XP as I thought this might be the problem but now it shows wasn't the reason behind this error. I've disabled firewall and virus and still no luck. The strange thing is that the node that acts as a render manager also has a render server on it and works fine. My main system works fine with it but the other 3 nodes all throw this error. I did have one specific node throw an additional error (attached):
            Attached Files
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

okay. I think I've found the issue. I forgot that I installed max 2012 on the render nodes in question after I installed max 2014. This install reverted backburner to 2012 which seems to be the reason behind this problem. All working now that backburner is v2014 on all systems.
              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Ah, the joys of renderfarm management.

Glad you got it sorted!
                Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
                Midwest Studios

Comment

Working...
                X