No announcement yet.

CEBAS really fears VRAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody fear nobody , competition is always good, but a joke still a joke !! You guys make a big deal of something that you totally got wrong ! Edwin was laughing about this threath and still today
    edwin is a %&%$ in my eyes and he proofed it over and over the last years. sometimes i have to show him to friends on siggraph because he has such a bad reputation that makes him kind of famous.

like others wrote edwin would have banned such a threat in seconds. no matter what you say.

btw: say hello to your shaderman. but this still means YOU have no clue.

Comment

hehe about banning, you are right
      ~~
      Igor Posavec
      http://www.3d-plugin.com
      -
      http://www.texturebaking.com

Comment

To make it short: Edwin sux.

Most people don´t like Cebas because of Edwin Braun not because fR is a bad product. Sure i would never touch fR because for speed i would go for Vray and if i need the best quality there is nothing better then Brazil.

Comment

fR definitely does have fast sss. Ive remarked in the past that it almost appears to be faked or quasi faked its so fast. Definitely curious how they implemented it.

percy

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I think peter008 is familiar with the saying...

"Any publicity is good publicity".

--Jon

Comment

I have just had a chance closer look on stage-1 sp2a.
              I wouldnt say that vray is faster>(<or markably faster). Also fr generates very nice soft shadows by indirect lighting.

I think it was just as before on the 2-3. service pack Fr starts to show its real strenght.

It a really kick ass good product, I know something is better in vray, something is surly in fr. Both of them kick ass product!

So what I wanted to say, (my opinion) these renderers made by thinking people, and maybe the best choice to look at them as an other community, the community of developers. Everyone of them quite clever, no doubt. Good guys!

So it is just a waste of time to make lowdown any of it. Who did what in the past... etc. Both of them really good. Anyone of you take a closer open eye look, admit it. (i think)

Comment

losbellos is totally right !!!

to be honest i´m a bit shocked of some comments. at the one hand they say cebas sucks because they are so arrogant and aggressiv and then they do it the same way. i´m not married to chaos and not to cebas. i´m even not married to discreet. for the last times i used silo for modelling f.e.

fact is that fR is a brilliant tool as vray is another brilliant tool. and i´m not intresting in anything else.

yes, i´m a beta tester for fR stage one. as some other, wellknown user of this forum, too. and that´s def. not the reason i´m writting this. i´m just suprised how so many people can judge over something that they obviously not tested. i just try to use the best solution for my projects, that´s all.

Comment

and how will you know the user have not tested fR metroberlin?

Comment

fR definitely does have fast sss. Ive remarked in the past that it almost appears to be faked or quasi faked its so fast. Definitely curious how they implemented it.
                    They use hierachical SSS, which is a new and much faster method of calculating SSS. Sort of like the interpolation in VRay, but much more accurate. I'd love to see this in VRay some day too.
                    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

I used Fr in the past and I have to say that to get good result in short time u should be a beta tester of the package the settings was very boring!!

On the other hand I have to say that fr gaves good control on each aspect of the scene(bleeding, object gi, contrast etc) but was slow

I did some little test on the same scene rendered with vray with the sp2a and I have to say that the settings are very very better now (for speed and simplicity) and u can play with the expoxure (like color mapping of vray) and different type of it. Now I have to say that is faster and better in settings and in render time and quality and another good thing is that u can distribute the GI on the net pc's

But......

I love vray
                      What can I do?
                      I prefer it even if with some correction on bleeding and some little things but the new announced version maybe fear the CEBAS group, Splutterfish, Mental Images, RAT (Renderman Artist Tools) LW world etc

Is only my modest opinion

BUt if Vray will not exit soon on the market someone sould get good shots like splutterfish cebas and the others ( it's only a little push to vlado and peter to finish soon their great work )
                      Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

They use hierachical SSS, which is a new and much faster method of calculating SSS. Sort of like the interpolation in VRay, but much more accurate. I'd love to see this in VRay some day too.
                        Hi! I'd love it too

I asked for this a few days ago:

http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...pic.php?t=6034

Any news about it? I'm VERY VERY pleased with VRAY and it's development. My best sincere congratulations to Chaos Group.

However i think this kind of SSS method is a really interesting/important feature to implement (if it's possible) in VRAY. It has become a standard in Hollywood.

Anyway, only suggestions...

Regards,

Jorge.

Excuse my poor english.

Comment

Working...
                        X