Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep modifer and Lines

Hello,

I usually use the sweep modifier to add base boards to my arch viz projects, however, usually after making some adjustments such as removing unwanted segments for doors and openings I get certain segments in a flipped orientation. Part of my floor boards are facing into the walls, this drive me nuts because I have to delete the "bad inverted" segments and create a new lines with a sweeps.

Its there a way to flip the orientation of a line? like flipping the face of an element?

I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,

Eric
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas A. Edison

Add an Edit Spline modifier, select the sub-object Spline you want to change, and click Reverse in the Geometry rollout. This will flip the resulting extrusion which I think is what your after.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by dlparisi View Post
      Add an Edit Spline modifier, select the sub-object Spline you want to change, and click Reverse in the Geometry rollout. This will flip the resulting extrusion which I think is what your after.
      Thanks for the tip, I had not tried that yet and commonly find this issue with sweeps.

Comment

Originally posted by dlparisi View Post
        Thanks so much!... worked perfect!
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
        Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Glad to help. OT: If any one has an idea how to change the "normal" orientation of a spline I'd love to hear it as well. I'll often try to add an extrude modifier to splines only to have the extrusion stay in the plan of the line which makes it useless. Frustrating!
          www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

e: misread. that depends on the view you're in when you start drawing it. usually pops up when you extract splines.

for that i rotate it 90, reset x form, collapse to spline, add extrude and rotate back. you're not changing the pivot position so it'll land in the same place.

Comment

Originally posted by cubiclegangster View Post
              e: misread. that depends on the view you're in when you start drawing it. usually pops up when you extract splines.

for that i rotate it 90, reset x form, collapse to spline, add extrude and rotate back. you're not changing the pivot position so it'll land in the same place.
              Thanks - that sounds like it would work but a real PITA!

Comment

you can record a macro of it it's 90deg in y, a few commands and a rotate back.

edit: here you go

Code:
                rotate $ (angleaxis -90 [0,1,0])
                resetxform $;
                maxOps.CollapseNodeTo $ 1 true
                modPanel.addModToSelection (Extrude ()) ui:on
                rotate $ (angleaxis 90 [0,1,0])
                Last edited by Neilg; 21-04-2014, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X