Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazy homeless guy View Post
    Lag while gaming or lag in general?
    Ive noticed a lag between inputs and what you see on screen like when moving the mouse its usually a 1/2 to 1/4 second delay when moving and typing. I know it has little or nothing to do with video or CPU but I believe its a limitation of the HDMI cable its self. I first noticed it on my workstation at my office where I have two GTX 670's driving two 21" monitors and a 47" TV connected with HDMI. Then on a couple drilling simulators Im making for my company that have a GTX 780 in each again connected with HDMI and there is a lag moving the mouse and typing. And lastly I recently got a 27" 4K monitor at home and tried that with HDMI and found the same lag again and that's with two GTX 780's and it happened with and without SLI. But the one at home I replaced the HDMI with a display port cable and there is no lag whatsoever. Some people might not notice it but unfortunately I do and it drives me nuts lol.
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Originally posted by rivoli View Post
      it's a wonder they haven't been sued yet..
      Yes I was wondering the same thing.
      -dave
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Swapped the Macbook Air for the Macbook Pro and, to tell you the truth, I am not noticing much if a difference. However, it does have 2x the RAM, so it's probably better for me, anyway. It is a nicely built device; very solid and cleanly designed. For me, it is basically an expensive Chromebook. I don't plan on using any of Apple's programs. I just want a small device that I can use to log into my main workstation. I was using the HP 14" Chromebook, but the resolution was poor and the device was cheaply built. The white was yellowing and the touch pad started to warp. Google does have the Pixel, but it's the same price as the MacBook.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I use a 15" macbook pro retina as my desktop machine at home - I haven't had any issues with it and I think it runs better than any PC laptop I've owned. Of course, I only run Windows on it with bootcamp, and I have a mouse and pc keyboard plugged into it, and it's always plugged in. But it's been doing the job really well.

Since all the parts are soldered in, I maxed out the memory and ssd storage options. Bought early 2013 and it's still going strong. The laptop before it was a maxed out Sony Viao which was crap, and had no resale value...
          Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

The one I really wanted was over $2500, which I couldn't justify. I had a hard time forking over the $1300 on this one.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com
            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
            X