No announcement yet.

3d Studio Max 2016 revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it´s a quite solid release. I only hope those features will see consequent development in the future. That was always my biggest problem
    with the max development over the last years. We had many features that looked great but somehow got stuck.. like populate for example wich
    was introduced as top notch crowd simulation with "insert over enthusiastic word here" path finding technology. What we got so far are some robots walking
    a line. So.. time will tell. But I really think this is a positive release !

Comment

Business genius! Rather than actually create all these small useful tools that we've been asking for for years, they've made a tool that will enable us to write them all ourselves! Smart move indeed.

Anyway we will see. I'll wait for SP1/2 as always, but hopefully above all else it's a SOLID release like 2014 has been.
      Alex York
      Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
      www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

3DS Max and 3DS Max Design are coming together.
        Finally some sense coming to the max dev team, I see this as indication of good things happening (for a very long overdue time).
        Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
        I need a new signature
        --
        Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
        ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

Comment

Originally posted by alexyork View Post
          Anyway we will see. I'll wait for SP1/2 as always, but hopefully above all else it's a SOLID release like 2014 has been.
          Agreed. Never install without SP1 min!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lukx View Post
            is it me or autodesk doesn't invent anything anymore and is just copying or buying other ideas, software, etc. Physical cam from Chaos, Creation Graph from Itoo Railclone ...
            Huh? To me it seems this is the first release in ages that moves away from that. The Physical camera was integrated and revamped yes. And it's great to see that kind of colaboration in my eyes. But everything else was finally done in-house again. MCG is a completely different beast than Railclone. Even more important it was the top rated wish on uservoice. They got Martin Coven (who did the request) on board and they overdelivered (the request was only for modifiers).
            I have trouble seeing how this is a bad thing.

The development has turned into the right direction in my eyes. The next releases will have show if they can come up to the expectations. But feature wise this one's a winner in my book (note, that i have no real use case for many of the new features. For others, i do )

Cheers,
            Thorsten

Comment

improved layer management system?
              Someone actually believes it will be working without freezing selctions etc ?? Come on

Every year the same song, smae hopes, an the same bitter aftertaste :-/
              I am on subscription so i am in for sure

To Bobby:
              Autodesk is changing its licence system after 2016!
              So if youre on normal release and upgrades, you might be forced to work with their new rental system (thats the way its looks like)
              I dont know whats coming out better it depends on the pricing but something tells me subscription will be better moneywise.
              2016 is the last chance you buy Autodesk products normal way.
              Martin
              http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

I thought of switching to rental and asked for a quote. Here it costs 1560 EUR /year vs 610 EUR to renew the subscription.

mekene

Comment

Originally posted by ior=0 View Post
                  3DS Max and 3DS Max Design are coming together.
                  Finally some sense coming to the max dev team, I see this as indication of good things happening (for a very long overdue time).
                  The split didnt have anything to do with the devs, but was a not so subtle ploy to force the Viz users on board full Max with the subsequent 400% price increase. That came from the marketing geniuses.

Comment

I looked into rental and I got $150 a month. I guess I am spoiled with Adobe's subscription; you get everything for $29 per month

Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
                    improved layer management system?
                    Someone actually believes it will be working without freezing selctions etc ?? Come on

Every year the same song, smae hopes, an the same bitter aftertaste :-/
                    I am on subscription so i am in for sure

To Bobby:
                    Autodesk is changing its licence system after 2016!
                    So if youre on normal release and upgrades, you might be forced to work with their new rental system (thats the way its looks like)
                    I dont know whats coming out better it depends on the pricing but something tells me subscription will be better moneywise.
                    2016 is the last chance you buy Autodesk products normal way.
                    Bobby Parker
                    www.bobby-parker.com
                    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Yeah, I'm not too sure how I feel about the whole subscription thing. Adobe Creative Cloud was great when it was cheap @ $29/mnth. Now that we are past our first year, that price has jumped up significantly higher to $69/mnth. That's just CRAZY! I hope that nothing happens to the subscription model at this point. It's not cheap, but it's not as crazy expensive as the Creative Cloud has become.
                      Last edited by Donald2B; 14-04-2015, 07:48 AM. Reason: spelling errors
                      Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
                      Midwest Studios

Comment

If you use all Adobe has to offer, $69 is super cheap, but if you are just using PS than it's expensive. I would like Autodesk's Building Suite to be $150, then game is on. Oh Yeah! V-Ray for around $29 per month would be good
                        Last edited by glorybound; 14-04-2015, 08:04 AM.
                        Bobby Parker
                        www.bobby-parker.com
                        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Not when you have 3licences of everything though
                          For us, the sunbscription is still a way to go
                          Martin

Comment

Sorry to bump this, but any idea when will the 2016 be supported by vray?
                            I has really important referencing feature we could use for our project.
                            Been to the Itoosoft site, everyone is waiting for the official Vray support.
                            So...is it safe to download vray supporting max 2016 from the stable nightly builds and use the Itoo stuff too?
                            Obviously i will have to do this on the whole farm so curious if its worth the risk or if the offical Vray update is around the corner ??
                            Martin

Comment

The chaos guys have said roughly a month after max 2016's official release so not too far to go now.

Comment

i guess i ll wait then
                                2016 has the same binary as 2015 yes? so its safe to use all the plugs like bercon maps etc???
                                Cheers!
                                Martin

Comment

Working...
                                X