Chop chop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chop chop

I have a huge scene made of high-density Photoscan models mapped with huge bitmaps. At some point in the future I will need to port this to a game-engine-friendly world. I'm wondering if there is some sort of script that can chop up a model that is millions of polys into much smaller chunks, and re-do the mapping and UVs for each piece.

Or perhaps there are other ways to do this that I'm not aware of?

Thanks.
    - Geoff

the most automatic way would be a pro optimiser with keep textures and uv boundaries checked on, then using http://www.unwrella.com/ to try and do a better job unwrapping the now collapsed/vertex merged & optimised object then using render to texture. you can keep the high res object and bake some normals that way too.

Comment

ProOptimiser won't really work, since it's a large landscape created using drone footage (WIP screenshot attached), and at a human level, it's not that high-res.

Unwrella or Flatiron might do well with the unwrapping/baking part though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PhotomodelAssemblyScreenshot_04.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	338.9 KB
ID:	855926
      - Geoff

Comment

Rhino has several tools to do that if I understood well...If you get point cloud you could easy optimize it....reverse engineering tools may work too.
        if you have the mesh you could create a point cloud of it ....the grid is depending of the level of detail that you want and from there you could have one big nurb of those point clouds.
        show me the money!!

Comment

Haven't tried this but you could use decimation master in zbrush and try one of its uv mapping modes, puv or auv tiles

Comment

Also have a look at the zremesher tool its pretty awesome I did a photoscan of my head and cleanup the topology really quickly.

Comment

You might also decimate it inside of Photoscan...

Comment

Working...
              X