Follow Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow Up

How do you guys handle follow up emails. I usually email a tentative quote, and if they are interested, I send a formal one. However, I don't do a good job following up on people I don't hear back from. I do record everyone in my CMS and I use the CMS to email postcards. Also, I email a follow up letter like this:

Dear NAME,

I am writing in order to follow up with you on your recent inquiry about your architectural rendering needs on DATE. I hope that I was able to provide all of the information you were in need of regarding your request.

Since I have not yet heard back from you at this time, I would like to ask if there was any further information that you needed, or if you were still in need of the architectural rendering quoted. If pricing or other factors have prevented me from gaining your business, I would sincerely like to speak with you so that I can learn how to possibly better serve you in the future.

Thank you,
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    I don't really do it in a timely matter and sometimes I am surprised on how many I don't hear back from. Also, I am also surprised on how long sometimes it takes people to become clients, sometimes. Some people request a quote and I don't here back from them for month and months.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

I would take the part of the price out....some clients even they say that they need as soon as possible most of the time is not true.
    it looks like when you have a service like Internet or DirectTV, you call to cancel it and after that they gave you the "loyalty price" .... to me is why you don't get that from the beginning or you were overpaying.
    show me the money!!

Comment

I thought about that, too. I did get a reply from someone yesterday, that I sent a follow up to, and he said they went with someone who didn't want a despot. I put the price in, so I would know if my price is usually the reason. However, that isn't usually the reason.

Originally posted by flino2004 View Post
      I would take the part of the price out....some clients even they say that they need as soon as possible most of the time is not true.
      it looks like when you have a service like Internet or DirectTV, you call to cancel it and after that they gave you the "loyalty price" .... to me is why you don't get that from the beginning or you were overpaying.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

If you read Jeffrey Gitomer's books, you'll see he reckons it's just about NEVER about price. It's about the value you add to what they need.
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

I agree. However, there are some that it's noting but price. These are the clients I avoid anyway. I am sure the one who replied yesterday went with an overseas person. You know, "100% guaranteed or we don't get paid until you are happy", folks. I did go to this company's webpage and the renderings I saw were very poor and done by a child, or so it looked. Anyway, I need to get better at follow ups. Some of the ones I sent out yesterday were from the middle of last year. I was doing it 4 days after I sent a quote, but sometimes I am just too busy.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
            I agree. However, there are some that it's noting but price. These are the clients I avoid anyway. I am sure the one who replied yesterday went with an overseas person. You know, "100% guaranteed or we don't get paid until you are happy", folks. I did go to this company's webpage and the renderings I saw were very poor and done by a child, or so it looked. Anyway, I need to get better at follow ups. Some of the ones I sent out yesterday were from the middle of last year. I was doing it 4 days after I sent a quote, but sometimes I am just too busy.
            Tell the wife it's time for some remodeling. Turn your garage into an office and get en extra person or two.
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

Managing myself is hard enough.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU