Windows bloody 10 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here.
    Had have problems with windows permissions, opening files, writing files, some plug-ins failing because they can't open or write.

Sorted some of it by running Max as an administrator but then you can drag and drop onto max to merge etc.

Bit of a mess.

Selecting the Max root folder go to properties security tab and check you have full permissions maybe do the same for your project folders.

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
      My mom's computer got upgraded to windows 10, without asking, insane how intrusive it is. Apparently they changed the behaviour of the popup window so people didn't pay attention to it, but they actually set a date when it will update.

They only issues I have so far, is that the last couple of days these things happened and whatever I do I can't solve it:

- Can't open windows explorer with shortcut WIN + E or right click start > file explorer or start menu > file explorer; the only way I can get into explorer is make a new folder on my desktop and open that one.
      - Right clicking on a file/folder in any file open/save dialogue or in file explorer, freezes that program
      - My wallpaper goes to black when the above happens.

1 out of 10 times after a reboot I can get it to work. I've already disabled all of my shell extensions, context menus whatnot, so it hasn't got anything to do with that. I think a format might be the only thing that can save me. Unless anybody else has an idea?
      So I found out that AVG caused all this BS, for anyone having trouble some programs don't update well when coming from 8.1.
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

I am not running win10 yet on a workstation only on an older laptop I use mostly for browsing on the web and noticed that sometimes windows 10 will force a reboot to update windows after a while no matter if I have a photoshop open or something else. Did anybody of you experience that win 10 will even force a reboot while a render is running? To be honest that is the only fear that keeps me from upgrading to win10 at some point.
        Cheers,
        Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

You can prevent Windows 10 from ever updating automatically as long as you are on Win10 Pro, and I advice everyone to do so. If you don't it will schedule updates for when nights, but you can still alter or postpone updates manually. In my experience 99% of issues in Windows 10 comes from 3'rd party software (antivirus is notorious for causing all kinds of problems)

Comment

Yep! I got burned a couple times. But, like Ralphr said, it can be turned off.

Originally posted by ralphr View Post
            I am not running win10 yet on a workstation only on an older laptop I use mostly for browsing on the web and noticed that sometimes windows 10 will force a reboot to update windows after a while no matter if I have a photoshop open or something else. Did anybody of you experience that win 10 will even force a reboot while a render is running? To be honest that is the only fear that keeps me from upgrading to win10 at some point.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com
            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Thanks for the info you two!
              Cheers,