Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bercon for 2016?

Hey guys,
    we will make the switch to 2016 soon and I'm gathering all the plugins we need.
    Where could I find a viable version of Bercon for 2016?
    I saw Vlado's version was only up to 2015 : http://help.chaosgroup.com/vray/misc/

Cheers
    Stan
    Stan

The latest version (3.04) works with 2016. Dunno about 2017
    http://www.ylilammi.com/2013/09/berconmaps/
    - Geoff

Comment

Great thanks mate

Is it better to use that one or Vlado's one?
      Stan

Comment

Not sure, but that's the one that I use. And higher numbers always means better software, right?
        - Geoff

Comment

I think I saw a BerconMaps_2017_64.dlt on the github page.
          But I don't have 2017 installed yet, so try for yourself

mekene

Comment

Are the Berkon maps available as a Vray plugin for Maya? They look pretty awesome.

Comment

max 2017 version:
              http://www.maxplugins.de/r2017_files...04_Max2017.zip

Comment

Originally posted by sharktacos View Post
                Are the Berkon maps available as a Vray plugin for Maya?
                Some of them and in a limited form. Go to Create > V-Ray > Create from V-Ray plugin > Texture > BerconDistortionTex, BerconGradTex, BerconNoiseTex, BerconTileTex, BerconWoodTex. We have not tested them extensively though.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                  Some of them and in a limited form. Go to Create > V-Ray > Create from V-Ray plugin > Texture > BerconDistortionTex, BerconGradTex, BerconNoiseTex, BerconTileTex, BerconWoodTex. We have not tested them extensively though.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  That's very interesting Vlado, is there any plans to bring the same list of material plugins to max, so we could make a noiseMayaTex in max as well?

Is there any way in Maya to list all these intercompatible shaders in the HyperShade rather than having to go through the Create menu each time?
                  Maxscript made easy....
                  davewortley.wordpress.com
                  Follow me here:
                  facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_Wortley View Post
                    Is there any way in Maya to list all these intercompatible shaders in the HyperShade rather than having to go through the Create menu each time?
                    You can declare them in the shaders/desc.txt file (or another .txt file in the same folder) and V-Ray can generate the HyperShade nodes for you. It's a bit of work though, and most likely you will also want to do custom AE templates (and, in Maya 2016, Node Editor templates) for a nicer UI...

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

With the various different versions of vray available for max, maya, nuke and katana are you thinking of doing some kind of vray noise which would render consistently across all platforms or are you thinking of taking on bercon fully?

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
                        With the various different versions of vray available for max, maya, nuke and katana are you thinking of doing some kind of vray noise which would render consistently across all platforms or are you thinking of taking on bercon fully?
                        I like this idea. Standardised procedurals across all the apps would be awesome. Noise, Mix, Tiles, Wave, Checker, Gradient.
                        Maxscript made easy....
                        davewortley.wordpress.com
                        Follow me here:
                        facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

As far as I know they already have that in the VrMat Editor. I think one of the support people said that it is possible to integrate these into the host application. Would be nice!
                          https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Working...
                          X