No announcement yet.

Fstorm render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render with settings, and obstacle image (yeah, really.).

Click image for larger version

Name:	effect.png
Views:	1
Size:	355.2 KB
ID:	863180 Click image for larger version

Name:	vray-van-2011.jpg
Size:	522.8 KB
ID:	863181

My picture was taken, clearly, inside a Plane, hence i had a few layers of severely scratched Plexiglas over my lens.
    You are not reproducing anywhere near the same conditions for your lens effect, it would be really odd if it matched.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
      Admittedly, it took my a while to get right, but that's actually because I've never used the filter generator tool before, but I got a result that is quite similar to your reference image.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32239[/ATTACH]
      Nice results! Mind sharing the presets for the filter generator tool or the generated HDR?
      https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

• Originally posted by kosso_olli View Post
        Nice results! Mind sharing the presets for the filter generator tool or the generated HDR?
        Sure. Here you go.

GlareTest_HDRI.zip
        A.

---------------------
        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

• Originally posted by vlado View Post
          Yes, will see about that...

Best regards,
          Vlado
          This would be great !
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

• I just saw this thread. I must say I'm really impressed with this little renderer. I played a bit with it too and it is very fun to use. Even if not mature enough it is still producing some very nice images. I agree with some people here that Vray can benefit from some improvements in tone mapping and glare. The tone mapping in fstorm looks very natural, almost like a real-world camera and the glare is very fast for it's quality (it appears it's GPU accelerated?).

Here's my first try with it. It's a job I did with Vray a while ago. I haven't changed the materials/lights manually, I just used the converter fstorm ships with. It did a pretty good job. I let it render at 1024 x 684 on my GTX 980 for 1:30 min. and stopped it. No Photoshopping, just the raw render directly out of the frame buffer. There's something about that renderer that gives a very natural feel to the colors/lighting.

Name:	fstorm_test.jpg
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	863360

And here's compared to Vray that I let run for 1:30 min on my I7 4930k overclocked at 4.4 Ghz, raw render again. I just color corrected it in the VFB to match the tone mapping of fstorm. Render settings are: Progressive 1/100 subd, BF+LC (800 subd), Probabilistic lights OFF, Min. shading rate 6, Max ray int. 20, Refl/Refr depth 20, Subpix. mapping OFF, Clamp output OFF, Use Embree ON:

Name:	vray_kitchen.jpg
Size:	287.3 KB
ID:	863361
            Last edited by Alex_M; 02-09-2016, 04:46 PM.
            Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
            AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

• Alex_M it appears the sun is darker in vray render, otherwise they look very close. In fstorm the refraction is incorrect on the glass.
              Dmitry Vinnik
              Silhouette Images Inc.
              ShowReel:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
              https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

• Originally posted by Morbid Angel View Post
                Alex_M it appears the sun is darker in vray render, otherwise they look very close. In fstorm the refraction is incorrect on the glass.
                When converting with fstorm converter, the index of refraction may be changed, I think it just take the default one which is different form the vray default one. If you put the same ior it will look the same.

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
                Little Antman
                See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
                Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

• Originally posted by vlado View Post
                  Attached is a .bcurve file for the V-Ray VFB curve control and .cube file for the LUT control (for the LUT, please turn off the "Convert to Log Space" option.

The curve is more accurate, although I'm still doing some adjustments there for the darker colors.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  Could someone help me with using this .cube file in Fusion?
                  I get error: "FileLUT1 failed at time 0"
                  ___
                  sorry for my English

Comment

Working...
                  X