Tool to align vertex to spline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool to align vertex to spline

Does anyone know a tool or a script that allows me to align selected mesh vertex to a spline. Any hints?

Click image for larger version

Name:	vertex_t_spline_align.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	885051
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Arch Pedro A. Solano
    "Save the irradiance map, save the render"
    Vray 3.10.03|3DMax 2011 x64|Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @3.4GHz|16GB Ram|Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
    Follow us on facebook
    Visit us on PSolano

not really but what seems to work is to select the spline and then look at the x y z coordinate position in the menu a the very bottom and copy the postion of the original spline and paste it into the vertex you want to have that very same position, this works without fail
    Architectural and Product Visualization at MITVIZ
    http://www.mitviz.com/
    http://mitviz.blogspot.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/shawnmitford/

i7 5960@4 GHZm, 64 gigs Ram, Geforce gtx 970, Geforce RTX 2080 ti x2

Comment

quick slice along the spline and delete element?
      Marcin Piotrowski
      youtube

Comment

There was a script over on CGTalk that gave you similar spline functionality as AutoCAD, with trim, extend, snap etc. Can't remember the name, do a search there.
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Thanks both of you, I was/am looking for something similar to Super Taut from Seneca Menard, but that is for Modo, its for a terrain i want to place over the side walks, it match in top view but no from the sides, so a similar script like this should do the job easily and not by moving each vertex

Click image for larger version

Name:	tout.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	310.7 KB
ID:	862908
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Arch Pedro A. Solano
          Vray 3.10.03|3DMax 2011 x64|Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @3.4GHz|16GB Ram|Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
          Follow us on facebook
          Visit us on PSolano

Comment

many applications have align working in that way (in projection) from a orthogonal view. Rhino does it but it doesn't surprise me that MAX needs a script.
            show me the money!!

Comment

Apart from slice mentioned above, you can select the verts and hit make planer in the Y or Z to straighten the selection. Then apply a Form Fit deformation modifier to the verts and you can skew them to any angle you need in one go. No script required. If need be you can snap the control points to the spline vert for an exact match.

Comment

conform in compound objects?
                Marcin Piotrowski
                youtube

Comment

and maybe shape merge or some booleans/cutters
                  Marcin Piotrowski
                  youtube

Comment

@bruce hart
                    I will try that
                    @piotrus3333
                    I did a shape merge for the contours, so i ended up with vertex with different high values
                    Arch Pedro A. Solano
                    Follow us on facebook
                    Visit us on PSolano

Comment

Not a perfect solution, but if you are working with an editable poly, go into edge mode and open the loop tools in the graphite bar, then switch to vertex mode and select the verticies that you want to 'average' and start clicking the 'relax' button in the loop tools curvature section. You will get some drift on the other axes depending on the vertex selection so it might not work in all situations, or you might have to work with smaller selection groups, but worth a shot.
                      Ben Steinert
                      pb2ae.com

Comment

Thanks, i will try anything, i was doing it by moving the pivot for only the selected vertices, but again, a tedius task
                        Arch Pedro A. Solano
                        Follow us on facebook
                        Visit us on PSolano

Comment

Working...
                        X