No announcement yet.

maxwell Render - first facts and screenshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flino1004, I think you forgot the DOF.

Why not give it a try with Brute Force for the benefit of the thread?

--Jon

Comment

• Originally posted by Trapezium
      flino1004, I think you forgot the DOF.

Why not give it a try with Brute Force for the benefit of the thread?

--Jon
      I didn't forget the DOF...the 11min rendering doesn't have it (at least I can see it).. this discussion is about quality and render time...if you can made it in less time I'd like to see it (it doesn't matter with system are you using)...this is not a competence...my point is fR is not slow and for learning issues…I’m very interesting to learn more about Vray…because I want to know when it is better to use fR or Vray....I already spend my money in both tools and I’d like to use them efficiently to save my time. time is money!!!

Fernando
      show me the money!!

Comment

• This my last test with fR for now with this scene...now I'll do it with Vray

show me the money!!

Comment

• Maybe render it without GI at all, then it will be even faster :P

I mean, right now even your slowest fR rendering has a very blurry GI solution. You should at least try to get a similar GI detail when comparing it with other renderings.
          You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

• yes ,the GI is blurry now, it works for preliminary before to have the high quality image and the ratio quality/time is also pretty good...could you post something similar in Vray? with the settings of course...I'd like to try it in Vray with some references.

Thanks!
            show me the money!!

Comment

• to show really blurry GI is really out of context of this thread. Maxwell doesn't really have the optimizations that create the blurry GI, so by doing so yourself, your really changing this thread to a simple benchmark war. I certainly encourage benchmark renders from other renderers, but lets try and keep it on target. Same thing about the DOF. I pretty much ignore all the renders that dont use DOF, as the original maxwell render had it.

not jumping on ya, just want to keep this thread relevant.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

• Yes, I can understand that you are trying to achieve something on your own but my point was that it doesn't really contribute to the thread.

Nice job on the optimizations though, hope they're helping you learn finalrender.

--Jon

Comment

• yes, this topic is a little out of the original thread, everybody has different opinions about renderings. Everybody who use a software say my engine is the faster than the other ones, but the most part of the cases is not true….they never use or trying the other engines in the correct way.
                  Percydaman ......if I have to compare one engine with another one the illumination is the most important thing for me, I don't really care about DOF…I bought both plug-ins for the GI features like the most part of the people.
                  show me the money!!

Comment

• Oh ok, sorry for asking. It would have been interesting to see. Glad you're getting something out of this thread, I was too.

--Jon

Comment

• Some more renders:

http://www.abstractmachines.net/maxwell.html
                      Eric Boer
                      Dev

Comment

• "Noise Filter Passes"

Is that what's making those strange artifacts on the ceiling.

Sounds like it's trying to fix the extreme noise with some post method.

--Jon

Comment

• Hey RErender...you change your avatar...and now, you have the old one back

That's was an animation done with Maxwell ?? Right ! with caustics and everything...so you are trying it ! how is it ?

Comment

• Hehe, nope just Vlado wares :P

I think if it was Maxwell it would still be rendering....
                            Eric Boer
                            Dev

Comment

• maxwell DR and their licenses philosophy

look at this.... it´s really expensive to make a DR-rendering in maxwell...

http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=128

well, at this point and many others, I think, VRAY is unbeatably....

regards
                              chris
                              www.vis-art.de
                              www.facebook.com/visart3d

Comment

• Hmm, Have to be hand approved for their web board, another fascist Renderer forum?

Free love, free board and V-Ray!
                                Eric Boer
                                Dev

Comment

Working...
                                X