maxwell Render - first facts and screenshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RErender
    Hmm, Have to be hand approved for their web board, another fascist Renderer forum?

Free love, free board and V-Ray!
    yeah, wtf is up with that?

Comment

• Apologies if this is off topic, but when evaluating a renderer I think all issues should be taken into consideration, including support.

I have to concur with previous concerns about Next Limit's support and after sales help. We bought Real Flow for £1,500 and have received zero support/help/response from anyone there.

The software is buggy, crashes and although can produce an amazing end result, to do so you need decent documentation and tutorials - something which is lacking in bucketloads.

Their marketing and packaging is slick, but their support is severely lacking.

Personally, after my experience with NL after buying Real Flow I wouldn't touch a product from them with a barge pole!

Comment

• Re: maxwell DR and their licenses philosophy

Originally posted by lightpixel
        look at this.... it´s really expensive to make a DR-rendering in maxwell...

http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=128

well, at this point and many others, I think, VRAY is unbeatably....

regards
        chris
        Thats horrible, it looks like that they will be marketing towards architects, lightng engineers, etc. But since when are architects rich enough to afford that many licenses? I would have considered purchasing whenever someone wanted something physically accurate, but with the 2 cpu per lic. thats pretty lame. I doubt i will purchase now.

Comment

Working...
        X