little trick for specular bloom render effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little trick for specular bloom render effect

I have been working quite a few times with this handy script, however when some other object (i usuallu use for lightsouce's glow) color gets near 255 white also will be bloomed. The script does nothing at min100 and max 100. So I looked into it and very happily realised that its easy to fix. So just replace the #integer with #float at
    SB_Min type
    and
    SB_Max type
    save it restart max and enjoy (value 99.99 only bloom out the pure white 255,255,255, 254... will not be bloomed(

what script are you talking about?
    Marc Lorenz
    ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
    www.marclorenz.com
    www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

That is a RenderEffect that comes with your Max/Viz. It is located in:

...scriptsPluginScriptsRenderEffect-SpecularBloom.ms

However the post from Losbellos seems whacky out of sorts?

Ismael

Comment

what is that u dont understand?
        Open the script locate SB_Min type, SB_Max type and replace the #integer with #float so that u can use it more accurate way.

for example lets say u have a spot light and a spehere, u make model a body for the spot light and give it a self illum material., with maybe some output map tuning.
        Lets say the sphere color is white.
        It could be that the sphere top rgb value comes to near 255,255,255 on the rendered image.
        so if u set 99min and 100max in the render effect of specular bloom, the sphere will be also bloomed. Because the settings are integer type in the script, means u cannot use like, 99.xxx u are in trouble. So if u put #float u can use 99.99 and even if the sphere color very near to pure white, will not be bloomed. (only the spot light "body")

I thought it simple, no need explanation, even my english isnt good...

Comment

Losbellos,

Your English is not bad really. Only a small point in any language is to let people know what is that you are talking about. It is called the "Subject".
          Neither in the original post or the last one you mention the name of the script.

Cheers,

Ismael

Comment

hehe, Sorry for those who didnt get it.
            I think the title is all about it.
            Dont waste time on this.

Comment

ok now your english is getting really bad... lol

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
              X