Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun doesn't cast shadows through sphere with HDRI

Hello,

for interior visualisation, we use sphere with hdri image mapped to have a realistic background (we can scale the sphere, Dome light cannot be scaled). We used the sun to get more sharp shadows. In older versions of V-ray the sun was able to cast shadows through the sphere when in Raytrace properities was Cast shadows unchecked. It used to work worked in RTX Engine but in latest versions of V-ray 7 (6.2) it works only on CPU. Is there any way to fix this?

Hi, thanks for posting. You have opened your thread in the wrong section but here is what I suggest. There is a "finite dome" checker to the V-Ray Dome Light. If you enable it you will be able to achieve your goal, as far as I can tell.
    This is the docs page about V-Ray Dome Light. Please read it carefully and watch this tutorial (link is in the docs page under "finite dome" section)

This is a quick example that I've just built using Cosmos assets:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	3dsmax_2024-04-23_14-59-36.jpg Views:	0 Size:	473.7 KB ID:	1207139
    Only the motorcycle is geometry (Cosmos asset) while everything else is from the V-Ray Dome Light (Cosmos asset) using the "finite dome".
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello Vladimir, thank you, this is exactly what we were looking for.

Best regards

Tomáš Chludil

Comment

Working...
      X