Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet Fire alike fX problem

Hi there!

" I'm new, here! I'm not sure why I can't writte on the Problems or General forum, but I'll explain my thing here. "

I've been working in a fire simulation, that should look between a Dragon Breath and Jet Engine.
    What I mean is that the fire should be sprayed really fast, but soon slows down and create a nice turbulence FX.
    The thing is that I'm having some troubles with Phoenix FD ( last version )

My setup is a TP with some particles that are generated with a big amount of speed, but some how the fire applied to them, can't read this velocity, because they are going up instead of down. ( the particles are pointing down )
    I tried some options that might work better, like negative gravity, but when the particles go up in some shots, thats a mess cos then they tend to go down, when they should be heading up.
    Its like the Fire ist lacking the inhertia of the particles....

any idea / suggestion its sooo much apreciated!

Hello,

Can you show us what is going on?
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Here is 3 captures, the simulation looks like its gona be fine, but then it just messes it up... and doesn't behave as I want... I have also other different solutions but mainly the problem is to control the fire direction...

Comment

arg!

I found out a Motion Vel. in the Source, that looks that helps!!!... I was reading it bad... I was thinking was making reference to motion blur or something... Looks can help to put velocity into the particles! I'll try with that.
        Anyway, any other recomendation is still appreciated!

Comment

There are two things to try. Turn off your gravity and it should fix the issue with the fire going upwards, but then there is no guarantee that everything else will behave correctly.

The other thing you can try is to increase your cooling. This way you fire will cool down before it starts to rise.

Try them both and see what works best for you.

Cheers
          Georgi Zhekov
          Phoenix Product Manager
          Chaos

Comment

Thanks!!! your advices worked like a charm.
            Now I'm struggling with another problem.

I tried to use Adaptive Grid, with the particles emitted from an object that its flying quite fast. And the strange thing is that the Adaptive Grid don't follow the particle emitter properly if I use Thinking Particles or Particle flow. But does it properly if I use a SuperSpray Particles emitter.

I wanted to use adative grid because I have the smoke with a high dissipation and the grid is adjusting for what it really needs.
            And also I wanted to use TP or PF because I can have a better control of the particles.
            Am I forgetting to activate something?

Comment

Also I tried creating an Xmesh of the particles, but the Adaptive Grid won't behave properly...

Comment

What adaptation are you using? Did you try the lower the threshold?
                Georgi Zhekov
                Phoenix Product Manager
                Chaos

Comment

Seems I found out something that works too.
                  The extra margin setting, makes it easier for the Adaptive grid to keep up with the particles!

I'm using temperature,
                  and it was set up to 1000 " I guess Kelvin " I tried to change it to 100, or 300. and there was change but not exactly what I needed.

Thanks!

Comment

Ah, yes. That's exactly the purpose of implementing the margin setting. Sometimes the particles are moving too fast and the grid can't adapt.

I'm glad it's working now.
                    Georgi Zhekov
                    Phoenix Product Manager
                    Chaos

Comment

Working...
                    X