Still waiting for Maya support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still waiting for Maya support

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the all the talk about VRay supporting Maya is bogus. It has been over 7 months since anything official has been posted from Chaotic regarding future Maya support. I'm tired of waiting around to get this capability in my native app, Heck I'm tired of waiting to hear an update. I've started looking into Turtle and Finalrender. Both have made a lot of improvements recently and actually care about Maya users.

Maybe I'll take another look once Chaos stops ignoring the Maya base.

Great renderer, but missing the boat...

the bigcheez

First wait for final release of v1.5 for max.

Comment

so your saying you can purchase finalrender right now for maya?

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Originally posted by percydaman
        you can purchase Turtle right now. Hell.. you can test drive the Turtle beta. That's something that you can't do with VRAy for Maya because they won't do it. They'll gladly give their hands and feet to Max uers. Sorta reminds me of the Glu3D people.... Max is always first.. always will be. Maya users will always be second rate. Think about that before buying into this hype.

Comment

Originally posted by photonC
          First wait for final release of v1.5 for max.
          why wait?

Comment

Because Max users are currently paying clients, and they been waiting too long for this release, also I gon't think thwy'll be too happy to see time devoted to other app while they still have some bugs and a long wishlist.

Comment

don't want the money

The thing is, we paid like over 10 grand for our 12 cpu licenses of mentalray. We pay over 3 grand a year for support. I would gladly pay exactly the same if not more for maya support of vray, but they don't care to pay attention to this market. They throw away the money by not supporting maya.

-bigcheez

Comment

lol bigcheez
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

you can purchase Turtle right now. Hell.. you can test drive the Turtle beta. That's something that you can't do with VRAy for Maya because they won't do it. They'll gladly give their hands and feet to Max uers. Sorta reminds me of the Glu3D people.... Max is always first.. always will be. Maya users will always be second rate. Think about that before buying into this hype.
                  That wasn't my question. I was referring to finalrender. Right there in my quote. Finalrender.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Haha, funny thread. It's almost like they DEMAND vray for maya.

/Thomas
                    www.suurland.com
                    www.cg-source.com
                    www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

don't incite them! they may revolt!

Comment

DONT TEASE THE ANIMALS!

Yea its funny how deamding some people can be

-dave
                        Cheers,
                        -dave
                        ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

I hope maya users have to wait twice as much as max users have waited for 1.5 to be released, .

Comment

Max is always first.. always will be. Maya users will always be second rate. Think about that before buying into this hype.
                            haha do you have any idea how wrong that statement is industry wide? Since when have maya users been considered second rate to max users?

Comment

I believe he was trying to say that, as Max has a bigger community than Maya, it will always have more eligible clients in the plugin market.

What I think is that the Chaos team is keeping concentrated on making 1.5 really stable. They're on their ultimate bug hunt right now, no more adding fancy features, only working on stability. Then, once 1.5 is released, they'll be able to move serenely to other apps. Imho, they've made the right decision.

Comment

Working...
                              X