Vray Light Material or Vray Light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Light Material or Vray Light?

Always wondered what the best way to recreate car lights is. Personally I create a light mesh from the geometry where others use vray light material. I always feel like using Vray Lights is more accurate but I don't know what goes on under the hood when it comes to rendering. If anyone could shed some light (ho ho) that'd be nice.

Cheers
    CGI Artist @ Staud Studios

There should be no difference in speed or quality between a lightMaterial emitting direct light, and a geometric light.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Ok thanks. I think using a geometric light is better in terms of being able to use light select passes and a few other options.
      CGI Artist @ Staud Studios

Comment

Does one of both overule the other in case one has assigned a light material to a mesh used as mesh light?

Comment

the mesh light will take the input mesh only, discarding whatever material was on it when picked.
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
          X