Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this also available for MaYa ?
    DE: ERFINDER des Elektroautos „SION"
    EN: INVENTOR / FOUNDER of the electric vehicle "SION".

Computer #1 (Main) : Windows 10 PRO │ 2xXEON │128 GB │Quadro M4000 │ Quadro K4000 │ MaYa │vRay 5 │Phoenix FD 4 │

Even I have a powerful Computer ... I NEED CHAOS CLOUD !

Comment

Indeed.
      It should be called "VRayPluginNode" or something along the lines.
      It's created from the "create > V-Ray > create texture from V-Ray plugin" menu (again, this is a bit of a fuzzy match. sorry for this, have currently no Maya installed.)
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

hi lele, I just discovered that there was a thinfilm map in the VRayPluginNodeTex, any chance to have it work in Vray GPU ?
        I was playing these days with the OSL you can find here https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...in+Film+Shader but unfotunatly the thickness slot didn't work on GPU.
        www.salasombath.com

Comment

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I have inquired, will let you know as soon as i do.
          Lele
          ----------------------

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Ok, so OSL seems to work fine for me under GPU, thickness included.
            Could it be that the texture you were using for the thickness wasn't supported by GPU?

The attached image is the result of the sample files, with the noise mapped to thickness, and noise size reduced to 5, from 15.
            The nightly is from a few days ago, but support for this hasn't been touched in a while, so it ought to work for you too.

If, however, there are specific things which really don't work with OSL, the GPU team could evaluate making a CPP version as well, but it'd take some time.
            Attached Files
            Lele
            ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Hi lele ,

you're right it is working while doing a production render, however it seems that the thickness slot it is not working in GPU IPR mode, that's why I thought it was not working correctly.

I'm still thinking that a GPU version of the ThinFilm directly integrated inside VRay (VRayPluginNodeTex or inside the VRayMtl) would be a better solution, here is why.

I usually experience a lot more crashes when using OSL, so I really use OSL when it's my last solution.

Inside the VRayPlugginNodeTex ThinFilm there are some very nice color correction settings that are not included in the OSL, I suppose that they are more optimized than placing a Color Correct node after the OSL.

Another situation I discovered lately because of the actual pandemic, I had to work at home on a project on my personal computer and send the files to the office to make the renders on the renderfarm.
              I was missing a Complex Fresnel OSL file (https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...Fresnel+shader) at work, and they where not showing up inside the asset tracking of 3dsmax, so impossible to relink the map, I had to go through manually dozens of shaders of the scene and search for the .osl, and the settings where also lost when I had to reload the osl. It was a huge waste of time.
              By the way while writing this message I'm discovering that there is a VRayPluginNodeTex ComplexFresnel..., does it work in GPU ?

I'm totally aware that this situation doesn't apply to everybody but I really feel that having all the tools directly inside VRay is a more efficient way of working and can limit many problems.
              So I would be super happy if the GPU Team can find the time to make it work.

www.salasombath.com

Comment

Hello ! Has anyone come across how to do this for sketchUp? Or know where to find a material download online?

Comment

Working...
                X