Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with texture scale

Hi

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on a little problem I'm having with texturing and what happens to texture maps as soon as you try render out to a higher resolution?

(click on the pics to get a better view) The above render was rendered at 1024x168, I was happy with the material and the lighting. However, when I wanted to render the same model at a 3000x2250 something happened. It seems that the uvw map, as well as the highlights, didn't get scaled up.If this makes sense.

Is there a setting to prevent this from happening? Am I doing something wrong?My set-up is 3ds max 7 + vray basic.

Thanks in advance.

William

weird. what version of vray?

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Hi percydaman

... Vray Basic 10903n60

William

Comment

hmmm

over 90 views and still no help.

... could it be related to the map size of the material? any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comment

try posting this in bug reports please. Render theory doesn't get alot of traffic i presume.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

check to make sure your scene mats maps are set to explicit map channel instead of something like screen

Comment

Working...
            X