Vray stones wall material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray stones wall material

Hello, I would like to know how to set up the "Reflection Color" channel to create a stones wall material using Textures MAPS (default is Black, I can put one colour or a Map of course).
    I would like to know also if I need to use a GLOSS MAP and a HI-GLOSS MAP that I have in my maps package or I don't need them (I've already used the ROUGHNESS MAP in the REFLECTION ROUGHNESS CHANNEL).
    Thank you,
    Roy

It sounds like it is an old shader texture pack, as highlight glossiness isn't used any more.
    So you just need to set reflection colour to a value between black and white and use the glossiness/roughness map to
    control how matte/shiny the surface is.
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
      What about the matte/shiny value between black and white in the case of a stones wall? I can remember something like putting the diffuse image as colour for the natural material (as for the metal the same colour of the object but Lil bit lighter).
      Can you help me with this?

Comment

Well, black is seen as not reflective and white is perfectly reflective, so if e.g. your brick is partially reflective but the mortar is not,
        then the reflection map would be just like that, so a grey for the brick and black for the mortar.

Post images of your maps...it is a very simple setup so you should not have any problems with what you have.
        https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

I see.
          The first image is my colour map. Maybe I could use the second map (named in the package HI-GLOSS) as a matte/shiny colour?

Click image for larger version

Name:	STONEWALL-11_COLOR_256.png
Views:	598
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	1129025

Click image for larger version

Name:	STONEWALL-11_HI-GLOSS_256.png
Views:	592
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1129026

Last edited by lopez67; 01-11-2021, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X