No announcement yet.

too long rendering times and AA selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11 minutes if your using a network will be really good the other thing is your image size theire is 850x480 whats your normal video resolution? im not saying there would be much difference in render time between 850x480 and 720x480 but if its a looong anim then the saved seconds do add up in my oppinion hehe.

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by flipside
      But 11 minutes is with the loaded IR map? So the time to calculate ir map is not included in these 11 mins?
      Yes, 11 minutes with the loaded IR map.

thank you all for your input, very, very kind, I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
        11 minutes if your using a network will be really good the other thing is your image size theire is 850x480 whats your normal video resolution? im not saying there would be much difference in render time between 850x480 and 720x480 but if its a looong anim then the saved seconds do add up in my oppinion hehe.
        Basically because I don't know

I'm at 853 by 480 because I don't know how exactly aspect radio should be set (first time on 3dmax!). I'm producing to compile to a DVD 720x480 wide screen, it makes sense to me trying to squeeze more vertical data to the DVD compiler (architect 2.0) and maybe... maybe it helps a little bit to reprocessing verticals, sometimes very annoying on digital DVD productions. I really don't know, it's like a shot from the dark I guess.

Comment

This is my first Vray/max interior render for animation, displayed is my best time for that frame and I opted to use:

For AA:

Adaptive QMC, minsubs 1 maxsubs 4

AA filter Mitchell-Netra

QMC sampler:

Adaptive 0.85
          Noise 0.005

Irradiance mapped medium
          Light cache mapped world fixed

I want to thank everyone who helped me understand and learn this software; I really appreciate your input, skill and support.

Comment

Working...
          X