X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have you tried linear colour mapping?

Comment

A: those trees gotta go. for more realism
      B: looking at the contrast in those trees for the background you can see how dark the shadow area are.
      C: I agreee about the sun shadow being too soft. especially this time of day with that blue a sky.
      D: and this is what really gets me. No one would have lights turned on at this time of day. not only that but interior lights would never come close to being that bright.

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
        A: those trees gotta go. for more realism
        B: looking at the contrast in those trees for the background you can see how dark the shadow area are.
        C: I agreee about the sun shadow being too soft. especially this time of day with that blue a sky.
        D: and this is what really gets me. No one would have lights turned on at this time of day. not only that but interior lights would never come close to being that bright.
        Im not focusing on the final image as that one is thrown out! I'm now focusing on the other image. with the black background at the moment
        Thanks
        Mathew Everett
        http://www.lappymats.com

Phillipians 4:13
        "I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me."

Comment

ah well only b refered to the background the rees mentioned in a are the ones next to the house

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

updated image! I think I am getting really close on the lighting! any other things you guys see that needs work?

IT IS MISSING SOMETHING! what is it? I can't pin point it?
            Thanks
            Mathew Everett

Comment

Do you still have 'stor with ir map' turned on for your sunlight? I would turn it off. Lighting looks ok to me!
              Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

the lighting is a little flat. what are your colormapping settings?

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I don't understand what you mean colormapping????
                  Thanks
                  Mathew Everett

Comment

look in the colormapping dialogue box in your rendersettings and tell me what you see.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Oh crap! sorry I didn't even know what your were talking about! But know I do..here are the settings...

Thanks
                      Mathew Everett

Comment

ok ya exponential can really wash out the lighting. which kinda defeats the purpose of HDRI lighting. Try setting it to linear and then adjusting your scene lights and so on until it looks right.

Comment

Working...
                        X