HDR skyprobe blend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDR skyprobe blend?

I know this will be very crude, but can anyone help with ideas on how i could blend Paul debevec's skyprobe sequence together (in max) so that it can play as a pseudo-time lapse?
    Needs more cowbell

For this animation:
    http://www.spot3d.com/vray/images/st...s/skyprobe.avi
    I used a MaxScript to render the frames with different HDRs, and then I used a Mix map with an expression controller to compute the in-between frames.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

you cant make an ifl out of the skyprobes? just curious.

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I think you could but not with the vray hdri texture. And since the regular bitmap texture doesn't give you a method of dealing with a mirror ball, angular probe or cross style source, you'd have to convert them to something like a longitude-lattitude panorama in hdri shop first.

V Miller

Comment

Great..thanks Vlado. I was wondering how you did that. awesome!

Da Elf: yes, i did make an .ifl of the probes, however since they are taken at 10 min. intervals, there's only about 69 frames....so it plays in about 2 secs...i need the blending component so that i can timestretch a little

Vance: ..exactly
          Needs more cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by olitech
            Great..thanks Vlado. I was wondering how you did that. awesome!

Da Elf: yes, i did make an .ifl of the probes, however since they are taken at 10 min. intervals, there's only about 69 frames....so it plays in about 2 secs...i need the blending component so that i can timestretch a little

Vance: ..exactly
            Just render the 60-70 frames, and do your blending/time stretching in post

Comment

Dynedain...thinking of that, but how do i deal with the building/window reflections....it's a skyscraper scene...?

Now there are 1 minute intervals, but at 4K res each....that's around 3600+ hdrs...whoa...a little overkill for my purposes
              Needs more cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by olitech
                Dynedain...thinking of that, but how do i deal with the building/window reflections....it's a skyscraper scene...?
                It will blur a bit, looking sorta like mblur I imagine.

Either way, it will still seem like timelapse, and it will be a hell of a lot faster to render than the whole sequence.

I did this 'animation' using combustion to blend between my 12 or so frames. I've done it with other assembly-type animations as well.

http://kaadesigngroup.com/temp/vrayf...compressed.mov

Comment

looks awesome! what are you doing for the text? what program I should say?
                  But the project itlself is looking awesome.
                  Thanks
                  Mathew Everett
                  http://www.lappymats.com

Phillipians 4:13
                  "I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me."

Comment

the design is not from my office, but we did do the rendering

the text is just a bunch of animation stuff I did in combustion. You probably can't tell because of the compression, but there's a really light overlay (heavly mblured as well) of text as a filler/filter effect.

Comment

ha time for me to bring this back from the dead!

Vlado- any chance you could share the script for rendering the frames with different HDRs? and also a more detailed explanation of the mix map and controller?
                      Chris Jackson
                      Shiftmedia
                      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Working...
                      X