Moving objects approach with precalculated GI map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving objects approach with precalculated GI map

For moving objects , nth pre calculated irradiance map doesn't work.
    As everyone knows when you move the object there will be GI black marks at the old position of the object.

Is there any way to exclude object from another object to generate/receive GI ?Like exclude car from generating GI to road

This way Car will not create GI info on road.

For Example..

under ROAD vray properties if there is a exclude from GI menu button and select the CAR generating GI to road (or invisible to road) **similar menu selection as max light that you can select which objects can cast shadow andilluminate by light.

An example menu image

http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=generat4ps.jpg

Except the GI soft shadows of the car to the road ( in which can be perfectly faked with so many ways) , but still in most scenes, that will be so easy to move objects like cars and people. Especially if the car is under sunlight, no one will need the GI shadow anyway.

Another thing is car and road is visible to GI and reflections in other objects, scene should be fine. Everything will be in the scene and no need compositing.

What do you think ? Am I missing something ?
    --Muzzy--

hmm, am i wrong ?

i think in the vray object settings theres an option like that for objects...

of course for the moving object you still would have to do some fake lighting.

other soluiton maybe would be layering technics ?

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tom schuelke
      hmm, am i wrong ?

i think in the vray object settings theres an option like that for objects...

of course for the moving object you still would have to do some fake lighting.

other soluiton maybe would be layering technics ?

Tom
      As far as I know , Vray object properties excludes from entire scene, in which you need additional lights.

But if the car is only excluded from road, you don't need additional light because car and road is still in the scene with GI and direct light.Only road don't see car's GI.
      --Muzzy--

Comment

Working...
      X