Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hires interior render IRR/LC setting

Hello,

i was wondering what should be the setting for the highres interior images...

currently i am rendering an image at 2300 wide
    IRR @ 60/30/high with detail enhancement, delone triangulation, nearest fit...
    LC at 3k 0.01 sample size

receiving splotches in GI...

Any idea where the mistake is?

or what is the theoreticla approach for setting for such big renders?

Thankx

Best regards

Martin
    teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Can you show an image ( real size - crop with those splotches )

Try not using the delone triangulation - just use the default one.

Best regards,
    nikki Candelero
    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

will do...i just need to wait 4 it to finish....
      will post the result tomorrow.

I thought thet delone trianglulation is the most detailed and correct way to compute the irrad map together with the nearest fit option...at least that is how i understood it from the online help.
      teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

sorry for the delay...here is an example

teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

what type of lights are you using? If you are using vray lights, what are your sampling subdivisions set to? I would try increasing them...

Comment

...noice can cause floor with glossy reflection...
            try VrayOverrideMtl with this material in base slot and light grey or white in GI Material...
            www.visumporec.com

Comment

Try raising your Global Subdivs Multiplier to about 8.
              "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Global multiplier to 8
                I disagree on it

seems a suggest to make him suicide too long rendertimes

increase irrad map Hsph and try to put a "direct" light inside the room to cleAN solution some vray light at windows instead to u se environment light.
                Hope it helps
                have nice evening
                Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

I use global multiplier of 8 all the time with lighting fast renders. I disagree on it

The fastest "universal" GI settings for arch viz still renderings that I've discovered are:

Image sampler: Adaptive QMC, Mitchell-Netravelli
                  1st IR: 8 (draft) to 32/20, High preset
                  2nd LC: 500 (draft) to 1500, all else default
                  rQMC: global subdivs multiplier 1 (draft) to 8, all else default

Comment

so Clifton if u confirm is a method u use commonly and works even faster respect the common use, I'll try it
                    thank u
                    bye
                    Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

Oh, one other thing that speeds up rendering time drastically with these settings is to "Use lightcache for glossy rays". Of course, I put glossy reflections on almost everything...

Comment

hello clifton thanks for tip....anyway...if u use the lightcache for glossy rays...does it affect the quality of glossies? whats the best setting for lightcache then i i dont want to see any noise on the glossies?
                        teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

I think the glossies with LC look better than those accelerated with interpolation. Plus, since 1.5 it seems that interpolated glossies are quite slow. And if you use LC for glossies in all your materials, it will be animation ready... unlike interpolation.

I always set the subdivs of my glossies at 24, so the noise is never obvious. That combined with a global subdivs multiplier of 8 pretty much guarantees smooth glossies.

Comment

really? good to know that man...thanks bunch will have to try this asap
                            teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

just to clarify, I was referring to glossy reflections specifically. I find that with glossy refractions 24 subdivs is to high/slow. And I use interpolation for refraction because the LC doesn't doesn't do them well.

I discovered that you can have LC for glossies enabled for reflections, but if you click "Use interpolation" in a material with refractive glossies, it seems the LC doesn't calculate them. This is a very good thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X