Color Mapping and adjusted Multipliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Mapping and adjusted Multipliers

I just bought the Evermotion Archinteriors bundle and am now deconstructing them to figure out how they're done. One of the things that I've noticed is that they use the full gamut of colormapping, and tweak the hell out of the multipliers. The settings in these scenes often have adjustments of both the dark and light multipliers by significant numbers 3>.

I've read through the documentation, but I don't think I'm clear about the use of the multipliers. I thought that they were only to adjust general lighting parameters to get them into place without having to go through all of the lighting & materials in the scene.

Obviously I'm wrong, but can anyone explain why? Sadly, though the Evermotion CDs are great, there's no documentation with them explaining why the scenes are set up in a particular way.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

We've started collecting ArchInteriors at work as well. I think we have six volumes. I've found that the methodology is widely different from scene to scene. There are clearly several people doing things each in their own way. Some are Linear some aren't. Some use groups, others use hierarchy. Some use layers some don't. On some of there older discs, the furniture do not have consistent pivots, not aligned with the proper local space of the object...

Sorry, I guess this isn't the place to rant about that. My point is that those scenes are all over the place.

I would like to know more about the different color spaces too.

Comment

the thing with the archinteriors is that they show you different ways to set up a scene. Thats the whole point of them.
      If all of the scenes used the same settings what would the point be of having all of the volumes?
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Originally posted by jacksc02
        the thing with the archinteriors is that they show you different ways to set up a scene. Thats the whole point of them.
        If all of the scenes used the same settings what would the point be of having all of the volumes?
        I get that, and appreciate it actually. I like the fact that they're widely divergent in methodology and that I can learn more than one style of setup for a scene. I have one or two beefs with the set, but still think they're well worth the money. Just to have so many models to cannibalize already set up in Vray format makes them a huge value.

However, I'm still hoping to get an answer to my original question: Can anyone give me a deeper explaination about how the color mapping works. What's with the high values in the multipliers?

Comment

This should be taken to another thread somewhere else... but I thought the purpose of the volumes was to have the models. That is the only reason we buy them. Our time of experimentation in render settings is over (for the most part). We have some standard presets that we base most of our shots on. We need that predictability. We don't have time to go off on a tangent and experiment with different color mappings etc. Especially when we know what we'll get out of the settings we use.

Anyway, we just use the models/materials from the Evermotion volumes.

Comment

Working...
          X