long vraylights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long vraylights

I use really long vray light planes, about 40' long by a foot to simulate cove lighting, so i dont have to deal with high sampling for the vray light material on a "bulblike": piece of geo tucked into the cove

it works pretty good

problem is that i get hot spots at the center of the light and it tones and tapers out towards the edge of the light

question is: is there any way to get even lighting on a surface using a vray light planes? the higher intensities looks absolutely fantastic and spot on at the far edges, but at the center of the light its crazy hot

any ideas?

im trying to reduce the amount of lights im using so thats why they are so long, the model is like 500 feet long and the view is towards the end so its a 500 foot long view, of which about 300 of it is really sharp and visible

I haven't played with it at all yet but if you in SP2 you could try adding a map to the light to control the out put, maybe even a spotted map to simulate the bulbs?
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

sounds like a decent idea, im going to try it and see what happens

Comment

not using sp2, nowhere to apply the map to, just figured that out

Comment

I'd be interested in hearing how this works out for you. I'm curious if the net effect is going to much different from the light material on geometry. If you don't mind pls post your findings.

Thanks!

b
          Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
          e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

nah, still having the issue, couldnt try it dont have sp2

center of vray light is very hot, ignore light normals is not unchecked,

i thought they distributed evenly in all directions? thats what the vray help says

this does not seem right, what am i doing wrong here?

Comment

Working...
            X