Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "bucket mode" but more smarter for DR

hi

I am starting now the 3rd time to write that posting cos I not know how to be clear

DR 10 PC - we wait for LC - then we wait for IRmap - then the render start

LC is single PC only - maybe it will be DR somewhen - ok

IRpass - imagen 99% are done but one bucket is missing and sadly taking looooong to finish
    all pc wait and are idle

now the difficult stuff to explain
    during render the master pc gather all GI infos "on the fly" (not at the end) and start
    render immidently all buckets without "missing GI bucktes next to buckte in question"

example:
    image with 4 buckets X and Y

D = GI bucket done
    M= bucket missing
    R = render me

DMDR
    MMDD
    DDMM
    RDMM

here we can render 2 buckets

it is similar to the GI "bucket mode" but it will give propper GI solutions on the borders cos we have all GI informations from the "neighbor" buckets

no idle time and immident feetback from render
    Vlado is smart enought to combine bucketsize with "GI map interpolation radius(?)" to maximize the performance

did someone get me ?

The GI samples are actually gathered by the client machine on the fly; not when the irradiance prepasses are complete, so that part is already done

As for directly starting the rendering without waiting for the complete irradiance map, one of the earlier builds actually did this unintentionally; it seemed to work mostly, but there were a few issues when the irradiance map was not quite complete yet.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
    X