Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray to nuke

hi all!

i was wondering if someone successfully exported vray .exr files from max to nuke....and got the same image as the render of course !
    cause i have some issues with the gamma of the output files and also not sure if it s possible to export the motion pass ? and the proper way to composite it back for motion blur...and z depth...

so any nuke expert here ? willing to share a tree view ?

and maybe i m mistaken but i haven t seen a compositing post so far so maybe a new section for this or am i the only one interested ?

thanks !

Hope this helps a bit: http://fxguide.com/forums/showthread.php?p=27925
    www.thirdseventh.com

Comment

thanks !

man

these links are nice will definitively help me but no info on motion pass use.

thanks for sharing!

Comment

Motion Pass works fine. Just add VRayVelocity element, untick clamp and tweak the max value to your scene scale/units. Can be used straight out of the box with Nuke's VectorBlur Node. See this thread too for example:
        http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ectorblur+nuke

Regards,
        Thorsten

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the info 3Seventh and Thorsten.

Where I work they block certain types of files.
          So I dug a little bit and found the same video located else where.

http://www.vfxvault.com/vfxvault.com/Tutorials.html

Just in case anyone else has similar issues.
          - Tim Higgins
          Life is good.

Comment

an overbright comp ...help !!!

hmm something strange...

i followed the tutorial from hugo guerra step by step
            i got all my passes in the exr and the final exr is ok i think as i checked the passes with the layercontactsheet node...

BUT when i comp it back in nuke i get an overbright image ...anyone a clue ?
            cause appart from that everything seems ok... so i wonder if i have done something wrong when rendering... or if there s something not correct with the nuke settings...

please anyone a clue ? i feel like i m not so far from a correct workflow but that drives me crazy...

Comment

Did you render out linear or sRGB ? If the latter you have to switch your Reads to sRGB as EXR is by default interpreted as linear.
              On another note did you use any colour mapping ? if so do you have "Apply color mapping" on in the Elements ?

Regards,
              Thorsten

Comment

finally working !!!

at last ! finally the comp is working!

as you mentioned i had to render in linear because even if you switch to srgb in the reader the exr is ok but it doesn t go well with the passes on the output so i re rendered everything in linear and now it s working ok

happy ! thanks again for the links !

Comment

The Problem there is that sRGB is nonlinear alltogether (it's not even proper gamma heh) so that introduces all kinds of issues...

Comment

Working...
                  X