Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rayo-v View Post
    Hi there,
    I do mostly use Nuke for composting elements but if you guys need a cheap alternative Composite which comes with Max 2011 is as good for this, and is node based as well. I recommend it...
    I've tried Composite 2011 but it seems to be clamping my float files. The manual is pretty useless and I can't find if it is a setting somewhere, or if it is just incapable of unclamped files
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Haven't had clamping issues with exrs. in Composite the image properties are pretty much set automatcally but can be overridden. Check the Depth setting under the Compostion tab (very first tab in Tool UI) and make sure you don't have it at 8 bits, that's all I can think of...

btw, this is the pdf manual I've been using, it's decent at best.

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/file...user_guide.pdf

Comment

it Auto Picks up the file as being 16bit instead of 32 bit. Hmmm that is starnge. Dont have time to test it now. But will look into it a bit later
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

VRay renders 16bit halffloat by default. Unless you change that via mxs. 16bit halffloat is not to be confused with 16bit integer, and does not introduce clamping.

Regards,
          Thorsten

Comment

so what are you saying? It is suppose to work with 16bit without me just changing it to 32bit in Composite? Or you saying I have to change it in max with mxs to 32bit full float?
            I dont know if this "depth" in Composite refers to float or integer?
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

Depends on what you are doing. Using as is is usually gonna work i'd say. Am not a composite user and nuke works all 32bit independently of the input footage so i just cant tell.
              Just saying that interpretin it as 16bit is correct IF it is interpreted as float as opposed to integer. You can easily test. Add a visible VRaylight to an empty scene. Use values above
              1 for intensity and see if they get clamped to 1 in Toxic (wich i doubt).

Regards,
              Thorsten

Comment

I added a couple of screen shots to help you look into those settings...either 16 or 32 bits in those should do it.
                Attached Files

Comment

moved this comment to a more recently active thread on the same subject: http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...thout-fringing
                  Last edited by jamesvecore; 24-07-2013, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X