No announcement yet.

3dsmax perspective correction in Nuke ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dsmax perspective correction in Nuke ?

Hi,

We sometimes render from 3dsmax with Perspective Correction modifier on the camera (not necessarily perfectly vertical).

When we get back the 3dsmax camera in Nuke, and comp some 3Dcards with nuke renderer, obviously both renders don't match. Rendered files from 3dsmax are 'vertical corrected/shifted' and not Nuke scanline renderer frames.

Is there a way to reproduce this 'correction' inside Nuke ?
    I can write 3dsmax maxscript to export correction value, python script inside Nuke to get the values and apply sort of correction. But I have no idea at all how to achieve such correction inside Nuke.

Please give me some track ... :-/

A camera correction basically does what a "perspective transformation" in photoshop does. So one solution would be not to apply a camera correction within max but do it directly in nuke on the final image
    where all the elements are allready composed. I don´t use nuke, in fusion it would be a DVE node with an X-rotation applied. I ´m sure something similar exists in Nuke as it´s just some basic image transformation.

Comment

Yes but then, like in photoshop, it would cause pixels transformation and quality/resolution loss.

Comment

That´s true, but when you want to do in nuke there´s probabely no way to do this without slightly losing quality. You could render a bit larger but it still would be interpolated.

Comment

Working...
        X