I changed my windows settings.

I think I may have done it with all you guys help

Click image for larger version

Name:	SolutionPlusPhotoshop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	397.0 KB
ID:	856237

Comment

Glad it's solved. Now go make a demo-reel!
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

If you have a calibration/or color management difference in Windows. The photoviewer, and Photoshop etc shows that effect. While Nuke does not. That probably explains why it looks good in Nuke for you, and why the color management messes with your image elsewhere.

Its very messed up, and I've had big problems with calibrations of my monitor in windows. Then comping my image the way I want it in Nuke, only to have it look very different in the photoviewer. It then looks good again when uploaded in a browser. Very annoying
        CG Artist - RnD and CG Supervision at Industriromantik

Comment

thank you for your help. I will also try with none.

Comment

I lost hair and nearly cried....and I'm a man.

Comment

This thread is good evidence that we need a unified, universal industry-wide standard for colour management, across software, OS and hardware. Been begging for it for many years but it doesn't look like we're any closer to it. Colour management and calibration is just such a nightmare.
              Alex York
              Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
              www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Yes indeed, I don't even dare to read something about it because I just get itchy all over
                A.

---------------------
                www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Its simple. DON'T install the disk that comes with your minotor. That usually installs a colour profile for your monitor that was created by "calibrating" in a factory environment and this file is suppose to help the monitor display the colour range it is meant to.
                  However that is just basic stuff.

In reality you need something like the XRite ColorMunki and you need to RE-CALIBRATE every MONTH.

1.This will create a correct calibration file and it will be loaded into windows by the ColorMUNKI software.
                  2. DONT touch the windows color management from this point on.
                  3. Leave Photoshop at its default, it will work in sRGB space but windows will display it using the corrected profile
                  4. In the VFB, instead of ticking the sRGB button, hold it down and from the dropdown select ICC, then in the settings load in the color profile you created with the ColorMUNKI.
                  5. VFB and PS will now display the EXACT same colours when you use LWF
                  6. Most Other windows apps etc that can read profiles, will let Windows read the calibrated profile and so that will display the same as VFB, PS, Windows Photo Viewer etc. (SKYPE does not display colours correctly)
                  7. For NUKE you will also have to tell it which profile to use
                  Kind Regards,
                  Morne

Comment

I use ColorMunki as Morne does but in my workflow I keep the VFB set to sRGB. But when I open EXR files from Vray in Photoshop I assign the monitor profile created by ColorMunki. Then I convert the image from 32bit to 16bit which also converts it from the monitor profile (linear space) to sRGB. I then work on the file from there.
                    Greg Geffert
                    Spectrum Brands
                    www.greggeffert.com

Comment

Thanks so much guys. Is there a way to rename the thread non discrutively so it wont break the link I have sent people?

It should have a more appropriate name like "Windows Color Management is Screwing with You" or "Why Your Renders look Like Chutney in Photoshop"

The only thing I can think of is that my Computer monitor has been the same for 10 years. I think If i install drivers or use an app to automatically install drivers it applies the DellColor profile which should be renamed "dog shit" or "chutney" profile.

There are very experenced users here giving extreemly important advice. Just think....I Stephen, have never been able to use a Vray render in Photoshop!

Please learn from my suffering and please be sure this is one of the first things you check. it should be in the VRay Checklist or something.

Comment

Glad you sorted it out. A little bit off topic but kinda useful to know
                        http://therenderblog.com/how-to-line...-in-photoshop/

Comment

Oh please, people are more than welcome to share any thoughts here. Thank you for that interesting Link !

The reason I found the solution was because the community and I brought up issues that might have been off topic.

Remember I Posted this as a Linear Work Flow type of issue but its a colour profile issue.
                          Last edited by stevejjd; 04-06-2015, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X