No announcement yet.

VRAY reflection with passes, any help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRAY reflection with passes, any help?

Hi guys i rendered this test shot with VRAY MATERIAL for its reflection. and thats the reflection that i want but the main concern is ... it take 31min to render a single frame. Is there any way that i can render the reflection in a split layer? so i can composite togather in after effect? SOME ONE pls help me. ..heehee

VIEW my render at this URL:
    http://sg.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...bum?.dir=/9248

If your trying to get a faster render, Im not sure if it is the reflections that are causeing the slow render.

The refelective materials in vray are extremely fast in my experience. I noticed that you are using Vray lights, and GI.

The vray light adds alot of time to the render if the Store with irradence map is not checked. When checked the light will be stored with the ir map. and rendering will be much faster. Try that see if its faster, also you can try to remove the vray light, and add an reflective override map.

heres one i did, 3 vray lights, ir medium settings, all materials are reflective, the first is rendered with store with map unchecked:

heres one with the check box checked:

There is a noticable difference in times.

Hope that helps a little,
    Travis

Comment

are you using glossy reflection ?
      and just a point .... why are you using a very old version of vray ?
      Natty
      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Big Studios can't move as fast as you small ones Naty, We are still on "i" Here. And just so it is clear to you WE HAVE PAID FOR OUR LICENSES!

Maybe get a life?
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

calm down RErender i wasnt implying anything, just a question, whats your problem ?
          Natty

Comment

OK, cool
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

Uh Natty, Im not getting into this between you two but the latest version avaliable to most is the 1.09.03r unless of cource your on the internal build test.

-dave

*edit* and thats if your runnign Max6. I think "n" is the latest for max 4.x and 5.x
              Cheers,
              -dave
              â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

Syclone1 im not talking about RErender, i was wondering why younglim was using 1.09.01b thats all
                Natty

Comment

Ah sorry, my bad. I was looking at Travis's rendering.

-dave
                  Cheers,
                  -dave
                  â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

In natty's defense, im sure the question was asked becuase since it is an old version, very old, there are all sorts of other things that can attribute to the very high render times that younglim is getting.

So, younglim, try using the newest version of vray.

Travis

Comment

Opps guys.. sori abt all those confusion . that render was done like 1 yr ago ... my problem now is to try and break down this render into passes. Neber thouht that u guys are carried away by the stamp mark below.. heee heee sori guys...

anyway hope u guys can provide me with some solution to render reflection in passes instead.. heehee

Comment

Render Pass G-buffer help

Well, like i said before, it depends why you are looking to render the reflection in a seperate pass..if its for speed, i dont think its needed. But if you want to render it out because you want to control it in post here are the steps:

1. you have to give the material an id, to do this, use your material editor, right beside the button "put to library" there are id numbers. make your reflective material a different id than everything else.

2. Select the a g-buffer channels you need, in this case it will either be material ID, node ID, or Render ID not sure which one, but one of them, im sure someone will clairify which one.

3. Render to file, The file to support the node render ID is a .rfp. When you are in the save as dialog, there is a setup button on the left hand side. Hit that, then select the passes that the file will save. Again for this it will be render node ID. I assume that the main video editors open this file type, but photoshop will not. You will have to find a plugin, im not sure were to get one for .rfp.

This should work to get the pass seperated, but I think that the whole image will render anyway. Well if this doesnt help you, i think it will help other people who dont know how to render out a pass.

Travis

Comment

wow rerender, never seen you go like that at soemtone.
                          5 years and counting.

Comment

thks travistlo for the steps. will try to figure out ur steps and work on my projects hopefully it works.. thks alot

Comment

you could wait for 1.5. It's getting really close now....
                              Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Working...
                              X