Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about the lamp of billard table.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the lamp of billard table.

I created a lamp for billard table.I use invisible vray light for the lamp lighting. But It only light the table and no outer glow around the lamp.
    How can I make it?
    Thanks in advanded.

if your billiard table lamp is glass, then make sure affect shadows is checked.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

the lamp is glass but the cover is metal.

Comment

Here my WIP

Comment

are you talking about the overheard lamp or the ones on the wall? how are you setting up the light? not sure why its not lighting up the inside of your lamp.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

take a quick look at this scene file, if you have max 6 or newer.

http://myweb.cableone.net/amylenhart.../billiards.max

Comment

percydaman!!Oh teacher!
              Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!That's all I need.I'm in rush!

Oh no But I cant download it?
              May you send it for me?
              namlennon@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks all !!!

Comment

I downloaded your file.But when I opened it, the error report appeared:

I use 3dsmax 6.0. Vray 1.09.

Comment

okay the wall lamp glass and billiards table light had a vraylight material attached to it. sorry Ive been using the beta for so long that I dont remember anymore all the differences. Just remove the vraylight material from the wall lamp. it wasn't totally necessary anyways. You can use egz's light material or even use an output map in the diffuse or self illumination slot. Also can use the vray wrapper to make the cylinder's lights.

I think the problem you had was that you needed a cylindrical light above the billiards table. haven't seen your scene so am only guessing.

Comment

okay if you redownload and reopen the scene, theres no vraylights. did it a different way I explained above. shouldn't have any problems.

Comment

Oh But It have the same error.
                      There is still a light on the wall lamp and no billiards table light .
                      May you upload a new scene ?

Comment

I dont know about vraywrapper.
                        May you upload the scene with it and lights to make the result like you,please?
                        -- egz's light material <---------what does it mean?

Comment

Now I can do like that.
                          Thanks percydaman .You're so kind and enthusiastic .

Comment

Working...
                          X