Are you using 1.46.* ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you using 1.46.* ?

I just upgraded to vray 1.46.09 and still can´t figure all of the reasons that makes it sooo slow to render....much slower than 1.09.03r. Not only that....the images come out all noisy .....

anyway, I´d like to start a thread on how to deal with the new implementations and change of interface and workflow of Vray 1.46
    Nico---NiCk

there are plenty of threads about why you shouldn't just open a 1.09 scene in 1.4x and hit render...mostly anything with "subdivisions" should be lowered in 1.4x

Comment

see? how is this possible...... look at this image and its render times and my system......

this is what I mean with S-L-O-W.
      settings are nothing special at all .... 50-20/ -3,-1/ 0.4,0.5,0.1/ hsv exp.
      2 lights. No glossines, no reflection, nothing, really plain

QMC for secondary bounces subdivs 1 sec bounces 3

[/url]
      Nico---NiCk

Comment

i totally agree that these new beta 1.46 versions of vray are soooo sllloooowwww its paintful. I know you shouldn't open a 1.09 scene, but by the look of the image i'd say that you haven't and this is a test scene to get the grips with the new system.

As far as i can make out, it is changes in the QMC sampler, but a lot more information about this should be shown or discussed, because at the moment, vray 1.46.xx is very very slow - speed was in my opinion vray's best feautre, but this is all changing.

Comment

reduce hemispheric subdivs to 10 or 20.
          if you have vray lights reduce their settings also.
          Reflect, repent and reboot.
          Order shall return.

Comment

I have to agree!

1.46.xx are really really too slow compared to 1.09.xx, i make several interior render and with the latest version I have to wait too long time... i'm thinking to switch back to 1.09.0r. Simple scene took 5-10 minutes and i'm speaking of good optimized scene with tha latest qmc setting, and are more more noisy...
            Lighting & Rendering Supervisor
            Marulli Studio

Comment

i have done super-fast exterior renderings with the new vray 1.46.10.

PAL frame 3 minutes 08 secs for rendering and GI calculation.
              on single CPU pc (3,2 GHZ, 1GIG RAM)

settings: direct light with vray shadow + skylight
              irradiance map medium setting, HSph Subdiv 10; interpolate samples 25
              sec engine QMC GI (subdiv 6, sec bounce 3)
              QMC sampler 0.85; min samples 8_; noise 0.005

Antialiasing: Adaptive Subdivision standard settings

No DOF, No Glossy Reflections, Raytrace Refl Windows,
              3D trees (medium Details), LoRes Cars, LoRes 3D people,
              several buildings.
              Reflect, repent and reboot.
              Order shall return.

Comment

we are also quite unhappy about the new version.
                Everything is very much slower now!!
                It´s been said that it produces more samples now.
                So. Could please someone give me a simple example
                in wich case this makes sense. !!

From my point of view the development is moving backwards
                About one year ago I used max5 and 1.09. Anything worked fine
                The DR was perfect. Texture Baking worked very well. And my rendering
                was fast and clean.
                Now one year later I can be happy if DR rendering works. Texture baking
                is now half implemented. And my renderings take ages.

Please throw away this 1.4 version and go back to 1.09. implement some features like the proxy, meshsmooths, lightmap, frame buffer and this renderer would really rock !!
                And please forget this standalone thing. So far MR seems to be the only
                renderer that made it into more than one software package (in a way
                that you can work with it) after years (yes .. years) of attempts and useless connection plugins. I´m shure at the end we would have a product
                that doesn´t really satisfy anyone.

cheers

Comment

was fast and clean.

Please icon_twisted.gif throw away this 1.4 version and go back to 1.09
                  How many times to people have to say that 1.4.X is a BETA series. If you don't like it, go back to 1.09.X which is a Production release.

Comment

Of yourse we do not use 1.46 in our productions !

Vray is allready in a stage of public beta and not alpha software.I doubt we suddenly will have a dramatically increase of speed in the final version.
                    But.. who knows

Comment

Let's not start shouting again, but try to help each other out. Starting to use the new vray is certainly not an easy task. To some extent it is really like learning another renderer.
                      Samuel, 1.46 is not slower per se. It needs different settings to get similar rendering quality/speed.
                      The thread about interior rendering posted by Flipside is a very good start, Vlado made a tutorial from this. The links are posted in this thread:

http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...ic.php?t=10212

good luck
                      You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Originally posted by samuel_bubat
                        was fast and clean.
                        how the heck did you get texture baking to work in 1.09???? i only got that to work in 1.46..... thx for any info on this, would be greatly appreciated!
                        "Scottie? What's the status?" "Ion repulsors damaged, warp core unstable and fluctuating" "How long until we're ready for warpspeed?" "In about 4 hours, captain" "Scottie, you've got 2 hours" "I'll do it in 1 captain"

Comment

Working...
                        X