No announcement yet.

grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just stumbled accross this thread, I would agree about the grouping and rendering being slow. I try to have everything in selection sets and everything seems to work a lot better.

Has anyone done any proper tests to prove the theory?
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

I've also just stumbled across this thread. It seems to have fizzled out before any conclusions where drawn...

Did anyone look into this further, and if so would they mind sharing what they found?

Cheers,
      Olly
      Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
      Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

Yes, it would be nice to get some solid answers from those in the know. I only know what I posted in my earlier thread. Further information would be nice!
        rpc212
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

hmmm. seems like this has resurfaced wow. this is kinda old hehe. but its still important info. and here is exactly what i found in my research....opps. i believe i forgot to do research, ive been quite busy hehe

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

My theory is that the convenience far out weighs the render time hit.

Of course that is just a theory because I have no idea what if any the render time hit is.

Now, groups without group heads and groups without any children are just plain evil, that I can attest to.
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

Working...
            X