Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB Batch Image Processing - Is there a way of saving output other than EXR

Hi there,

I have an EXR sequence that I need to reprocess through the VFB to apply a few changes. I'd like to save the output as PNG, but I see no option to do so. When I batch process the sequence it automatically saves out as EXR. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Hi, thanks for posting. As of now you can not change the sequence from exr to png using VFB's batch image processing. We will discuss whether or not to add this option. I will keep you posted.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks! It would be extremely useful

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasMiller View Post
        Hi there,

I have an EXR sequence that I need to reprocess through the VFB to apply a few changes. I'd like to save the output as PNG, but I see no option to do so. When I batch process the sequence it automatically saves out as EXR. Am I missing something?

Thanks
        Hi. I tried a while back, with the help of chat GPT, to make a script that uses VFB to open a folder with a bunch of vrimgs and save them as jpg. This is a modified version of that script that converts saved exrs into pngs.
        Hope it helps.
        Attached Files
        pixel bender @ panoptikon

Comment

Hi, for now we will not implement a png batch processing in the VFB. If this plan changes in the future we will let you know.
          Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Set your footage as a background in an empty scene, do your changes and render to PNG.
            Z.

Comment

Working...
            X