V-Ray 3 SP3 sneak peek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kosso_olli View Post
    They are modeled in a way that it looks like one part, but they are two. Without sharing any edges or vertices. Will the rounded corners feature work in these cases, too?
    Yes, it works fine.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Very nice! Could you take a screenshot of the UI for the rounded corners settings?

Comment

Sure, here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	858820
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Is the vraytriplanartex included in the sp3? Or do i have to get it separately?

Comment

so the rounded corners only create illusion of rounded corner, it doesnt affect geometry while rendering like displacement does yes?
            i can imagine this will be usable in situations where you dont actually see the edge end or a corner itself.
            I completely misunderstood it in the beginning...thought u have solution to make truly round corners in render
            Martin
            http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
              so the rounded corners only create illusion of rounded corner, it doesnt affect geometry while rendering like displacement does yes?
              This is correct; it is still a bump effect, only computed in a different way that allows it to work across meshes, on disconnected meshes, with displacement, proxies and so on. Also, it produces generally better results than our old method.

i can imagine this will be usable in situations where you dont actually see the edge end or a corner itself.
              Normally it is used in cases where the radius is quite small, just to add some highlight on the edges. It works fine for these cases.

I completely misunderstood it in the beginning...thought u have solution to make truly round corners in render
              Well, it looks like it's a pretty convincing illusion then

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Looks like it completely replaces the old method. Any differences in rendering speed?

Comment

Originally posted by Laserschwert View Post
                  Any differences in rendering speed?
                  It is a bit slower, but we are looking for ways to improve that.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Maybe you could include the option to use the old method? For compatibility with older scenes.

Comment

There is an option of course. It's not exposed in the UI though, you'll have to set it through MaxScript.

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

Everything is very cool, sooo... is there is chance that the preview will be out to play with this weekend? Or are we talking next week?

Comment

I downloaded and installed today's nightly, vray 3.35, looks good so far

Comment

Originally posted by WilleViz View Post
                            Everything is very cool, sooo... is there is chance that the preview will be out to play with this weekend? Or are we talking next week?
                            We found some issues with the GPU code that it would be good to fix, so it will be next week.

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                              We found some issues with the GPU code that it would be good to fix, so it will be next week.

Best regards,
                              Vlado
                              Cool, looking forward to it next week then! Have a nice weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                                There is an option of course. It's not exposed in the UI though, you'll have to set it through MaxScript.

Best regards,
                                Vlado
                                So what happens when I open and render an old scene which uses VRayEdgesTex for bumps? Will it render the same as before?

Comment

Working...
                                X