Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vDenoise Command Line tool Helper (Maxscript UI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

04-06-2016: Generally Strengthened the file pathing and number detection routine, It now supports network paths and arbitrarily dotted files, provided the numbers in between the dots are ONLY numbers.
    f.e.: denoiseMe.RGB_Color.A.Few.More.Dotted.Bits.In.TheI mage.Name.0000.exr will work, while
    denoiseMe.RGB_Color.A.Few.More.Dotted.Bits.In.TheI mage.Name.00a00.exr will be considered a single image.

Download the file in the first post of the thread, as usual, and overwrite the previous version.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

lele,
      still not working on my sequence.
      this is what the listener prints:
      "C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\3dsmax 2016 for x64\tools\vdenoise.exe -inputfile="D:\Aluna_001_Comercio\Aluna_001_Comerci o_.RGB_color.????.exr" -useGpu=0 -frameBlend=3"
      Surrealismo
      https://www.facebook.com/surrrealismo

Comment

If it prints that line, the problem isn't with the script anymore (you can see it finds and substitutes the numbers with ????).
        Try running the denoiser manually in a command window (Copy-paste the line above) so you will see the results.
        I've never seen a frame blend of 3 (that's SEVEN frames blended in total: not only unnecessary, but long and ultimately needless), so that may be why.
        Lele
        ----------------------

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

so, 1 frame blending would be enough?
          Surrealismo

Comment

Originally posted by leo.surrealismo View Post
            so, 1 frame blending would be enough?
            It is usually enough; more frames might be able to resolve some fine details better, but the difference is not that big.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

lele, sorry for my lack of knowledge with this.
              I dont know if I am doing something wrong.
              I've done this:
              1. change the frame blending to 1 and the problem persists.
              2. opened the command line prompt and put exactly this: "C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\3dsmax 2016 for x64\tools\vdenoise.exe -inputfile="D:\Aluna_001_Comercio\Aluna_001_Comerci o_.RGB_color.????.exr" -useGpu=0 -frameBlend=3" and this appears :The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
              3. opened the denoise tool, put the same code line and persists: '-inputfile' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
              operable program or batch file.
              Surrealismo

Comment

The quotation marks are messing it up; try this instead:
                Code:
                "C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\3dsmax 2016 for x64\tools\vdenoise.exe" -inputfile="D:\Aluna_001_Comercio\Aluna_001_Comercio_.RGB_color.????.exr" -useGpu=0 -frameBlend=3
                However by the name of the file name it looks like you didn't save to a multi-channel OpenEXR file?

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

vlado, do you men vrimg file?
                  I saved it as separated exr files.
                  would that be a problem?
                  Surrealismo

Comment

Script Update:
                    07-06-2016:
                    Now uses the variable "VRAY_OSL_PATH_3DSMAX20XX_x64" to build the denoiser path, safer than the max installation one (Thanks Blago).
                    Lele
                    ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Originally posted by leo.surrealismo View Post
                      would that be a problem?
                      The denoiser only works with multi-channel OpenEXR files and .vrimg files, unfortunately.

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

Any chances we would get a GUI (exe) that would work from outside max?
                        And with a ini so we could just drag and drop a file sequence on it and it would start the denoise without the GUI?
                        Even better, a way to have that integrated in the windows explorer shell? Right click on a file or sequence, select denoise in the shell and boom there it goes...

That would be awesome!
                        Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Sbrusse View Post
                          Any chances we would get a GUI (exe) that would work from outside max?
                          Yes, will get to that...

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by Sbrusse View Post
                            Even better, a way to have that integrated in the windows explorer shell? Right click on a file or sequence, select denoise in the shell and boom there it goes...
                            This ought to be a "simple" registry hack.
                            Let me look into it.

In any case, note the denoiser will print the full command line in the max listener, for you to copy/paste into a command shell.
                            That's if you have max at all, ofc.
                            Lele
                            ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

quick and dirty hack for shell integration done.
                              This works ONLY if you have installed pdPlayer (the demo will do.) at least once, as it will register the .vrimg and .exr file formats.
                              Further, you WILL have to edit the .reg file provided to match the denoiser path (the reg file expects it for max 2016, in the default install location).

Other than that, doubleClick the reg file, go through the security dialogs (knowing your secrets will be mine!), and once it's done, right click on either a Vrimg, or an Exr file/sequence, and choose "vDenoise It!".

Should you wish to pass more options as default, simply edit the command string appending them after the %1 (and a space!), and re-run the reg file.

little update: it now works also with spaces in the filenames.
                              vDenoiseIt.zip
                              Last edited by ^Lele^; 09-06-2016, 04:19 AM.
                              Lele
                              ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

You rock mate!
                                Stan

Comment

Working...
                                X