Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vDenoise Command Line tool Helper (Maxscript UI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's a signed value, simply the Z distance from the camera.
    It may need normalisation to look like a (normalised) Z buffer.
    The data is however all there.
    I'd encourage you to move the thread on REs to the tips and tricks, or problems section, as it's diluting this thread a bit.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

True, this is no longer about denoising.
      Got it to work with normalising, have set up a function in Nuke so I can use the VraySamplerInfo as zdepth.
      Everything ok now on my side, with VFB and all

/Thomas

Comment

yay!
        And once you have points working, what's stopping you from bringing camera transforms in, and do, hem, things...? :P
        Nowadays, the penalty for reading multi-layer exrs (2.0) is a lot smaller than it used to be, so go to town (well, besides what the denoiser already aptly adds, which if you do comping of your renders from elements, is 90% of the way there.)!
        Lele
        ----------------------

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Hi Lele,

Great script! It has saved me a bunch of time . I was using Vlado's first Alpha version he opened it up to testers when it was first announced. It was all command line before 3.4 came out, it was indeed a pain for non CMD savvy people like me your script has really simplified the workflow in animation.

I have a question that I'm not sure can be possible. I regularly run batch renders within Max on average of 10 to 15 renders and have been trying yo use the script to denoise them after the renders are done all at one time.

I have used your script with some limited success for this. If I set the blend frames to 0 since it not an animation and does not require it, and I enable All OpenCL Devices to gain some speed using all the graphics cards I have available. The only problem I have is that I have to rename my batch renders to follow a file sequence in order to denoise all my renders at once.

Is there anyway the script could ignore the sequence when I pick a file in a folder and deniose them all? they are all singe Multi-layered EXR's with there corresponding filenames. I set the fame numbers in batch render to get the "XXX_.0001.exr" at the end of the file to make it simpler when I rename it, but then have to rename it to original file name after the deniosing and figure out what was what.

Thanks again for the script! Much appreciated.

-E
          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
          Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Umh, quite a good idea.
            Will look into it, see if it breaks something badly, or not.
            Meanwhile, try the new version which submits to backburner: you won't need to leave the script, and will be able to pick each image and submit each job, and only start them all at the end, if you so please.
            Lele
            ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
              Umh, quite a good idea.
              Will look into it, see if it breaks something badly, or not.
              Meanwhile, try the new version which submits to backburner: you won't need to leave the script, and will be able to pick each image and submit each job, and only start them all at the end, if you so please.
              Hi Lele,

I tried the new version with the submit to backburner option and the script just crashes, is it supposed to bring up the network job assignment dialog box up? Like the Net Render option in Batch render?

-- Error occurred in buildBBData(); filename: C:\Users\eyepiz\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2016 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\VRay-vDenoiseTool.mcr; position: 11686; line: 396

It would be convenient if the script had an "input file mode" option like in the VRImage to EXR converter and deniose an entire Input directory.

Thanks,

-E
              Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Nope, it's a direct submission of SCRIPT jobs, entirely different, i'm afraid, and UI-less.
                This said, i genuinely thought the script i posted was the release version, and it was most definitely not.
                Sorry, let me get back on it and fix the rogue stuff.
                Lele
                ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

mmmmh, something's not right on my side, this'll take me a while (i've had issues with my workstation of late, and i seem to be left with a previous version of the file. when a few of the issues i had weren't solved yet. -.-' ).

Meanwhile, as a quick workaround, ctrl+click the command line, open a dos window, paste it, and remove the filename, using "*.exr" as a file mask.

This will denoise all files in the folder, with the parameters you prepared in the script, but you may have to move the denoised files out of the way (or it will try, and fail, to denoise them twice, no biggie.)
                  Lele
                  ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

So, i think i managed to hack at the code enough to cater for single file, no numbering, denoising, but I'm afraid simply allowing to pick a folder would be a LOT of code (for then what's in the folder? what if it finds sequences and non-sequences in there? that's code explosion.), so the best i can offer you is repeated BB submission of tasks per image (provided i got it to really work), and ctrl+click to copy the string and change the file mask for it.

Grab the updated script from the first post, if you please (002).
                    Lele
                    ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                      So, i think i managed to hack at the code enough to cater for single file, no numbering, denoising, but I'm afraid simply allowing to pick a folder would be a LOT of code (for then what's in the folder? what if it finds sequences and non-sequences in there? that's code explosion.), so the best i can offer you is repeated BB submission of tasks per image (provided i got it to really work), and ctrl+click to copy the string and change the file mask for it.

Grab the updated script from the first post, if you please (002).
                      Hi Lele,

The script is still crashing...I assume I need to enter someware the Manager Name or IP for BB to work? I'm also a bit confused on were to ctrl+click the command line to open a dos window. To bad we cant just select all the files in the folder and have the denioser deniose them.

Thanks for looking into this.

Eric
                      Thomas A. Edison

Comment

As i wrote in the post, you need to have your BB set up yourself, it will not attempt to do anything else than call the scriptjob command.
                        That seems to work fine here, but if you think it's the script (it shouldn't crash anyway, but some stuff is out of my control), please send me a mail and an example filename list to go with it.

ctrl+click copies the command line into your clipboard.
                        Open a command window (dos window, shell, whatever) and paste, then modify the file mask from "aDrive:\apath\animage.exr" to "aDrive:\apath\*.exr" and press enter to get all files in that path denoised with those settings.
                        Lele
                        ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Hi Lele,
                          Thank you very much for the script. Very useful!

Could you please check if it works with big size files.
                          In my case it crashes with files around 1.5Gb (Panorama rendering with Vray Cube 6x1 camera)
                          Thank you in advance

Windows 10, 3ds Max 2014, Vray 3.40.01

Comment

it's likely down to the exe, not the script.
                            Your pano size should be exactly divisible by 6.
                            If it still crashes, please send some more details about the issue to support, and they'll try and fix it.
                            Lele
                            ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Should not be the problem.
                              The half res pano 4500x750 worked fine
                              Just made another test with Default camera and standard size 4800x3700 and 850Mb exr file crashed.
                              Okay, writing message to "Problems" folder
                              Thanks

Comment

Well, if that is the case, an idea of the settings (CPU/GPU, parameters) and perhaps the image in question would help us (Vlado or Blago!) debug the problem.
                                Feel free to mail support and they'll give you FTP details for the upload.
                                Lele
                                ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Working...
                                X