Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with noise in SSS

Hello,

could you help me get rid of the noise in SSS? There is a lamp inside emitting light through the SSS material.

Click image for larger version

Name:	file2_Camera_Detail_Static.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	886800

Blend file won't upload here, you can download it from Wetransfer: https://we.tl/EbtsRG51aq

I tried fiddling with settings in sss material and with DMC settings. I would like to keep render time below 2 minutes if possible since it's a part of a long animation. If you can get a nice render with longer time needed I'll take it.

Please don't distribute or use any part of the file.

Thank you.

Edward

I think SSS is going to take a long time, especially if you are trying to get a clean image. I would try making the material with self-illumination. Here's a quick test I put together. Note that the mesh of the bulb object is excluded from the sphere light by group.

Andy
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Andy, what I need is a non-uniform lightning intensity. It's supposed to be strongest in the middle and on the edge you should see very little of the penetrating light. Think small (point) lamp in a few milimeters thick plastic tube.

This is what I aim for:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/32e17QOt9IM/hqdefault.jpg

Edit2:
      I have been able to brute force some result via Progressive DMC. Render takes three to four minutes per frame. I am not entirely satisfied but I think it will do.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	170201_Female_v64_Vray_Camera_Detail_Static.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	866361

Thank you for your reply and effort!
      Last edited by Edward_007; 02-02-2017, 01:54 AM. Reason: Providing example with url

Comment

You could map the self-illumination with a gradient or maybe a dirt map. In my experience self-illumination and excluding from lighting is the fastest cheat for rendering illuminated materials. I struggled with that for a while on a project where I had a pendant with several dozen mesh light sources.

Comment

Working...
        X