Plastic trim on cars is grey instaed of black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic trim on cars is grey instaed of black

The plastic trim on all cars seems to be a mid-light grey, rather than a charcoal or black.

Not sure if this is a 'bug' per se, but it's certainly odd and I find myself manually correcting it (automotive plastic will grey with age, but I don't imagine that's the intended look in this case!)

Hi Richard7666 ,

Thank you for your suggestion!

That's actually a decision that was made by the content creator.
    Keeping the colors slightly away from the extremes usually is a good thing, especially when you're adding contrast and saturation in post-processing.

However, we will test the materials in different lighting conditions and we may darken the plastic trims slightly as you requested.
    Just out of curiosity, how far down do you bring the diffuse color of that plastic material in your scenes?

Best regards,
    Tsetso

Tsvetan Milanov
    Chaos

Comment

with SUV_003 for example, I usually bring the Value in the HSV in Diffuse channel down to about 6 or 7, which gives a dark charcoal. (I realise 0 or pure black would be physically incorrect)

Vizpark have that value set to 18, which is still a darkish grey I suppose, but quite bright for car trim (when using Sun&Sky with correct exposure)

If my car was like that I'd be reaching for the plastic trim restorer

Comment

Hey Richard7666, thanks for your input!
        I'll update you in this thread when we have an update.

Best regards,
        Tsetso
        Tsvetan Milanov
        Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X