Exporting Composition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting Composition

Good day. Currently doing a simple animation in 3ds Max and rendered out the frames. I tried using Chaos Player as a tool for image sequencing then exporting to mp4. However, whenever I try to export composition sequence, it only renders as black. Am I missing something? I also noticed from the other forum that File > Save Mask as sequence is an option, but I can't seem to find this option on my end? Thanks!

Save Mask as a sequence was renamed to "Save Composition Sequence" in recent versions.
    See if it helps to set the composition resolution to be the same as the layer, apply pan and zoom to the composition and set zoom to 100%.
    The tips are broken down into steps in this thread: https://forums.chaos.com/forum/chaos...ition-as-video

Let me know if this works, that's pretty much all you should need to do.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Thanks for writing back. I tried following the steps you mentioned as well as the ones listed in the attached thread but to no avail. Whenever I export a .mp4 format it only shows as black, however, exporting works for webm and wmv files.

Comment

Can you check the codec in the exported mp4? Maybe something went wrong or there was a conflicting encoder somehow.
        The easiest way to do this is if you have VLC - just open the file there and do Tools > Codec Information.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        www.chaos.com

Comment

For some reason, I can open it with VLC. But it also says media offline whenever I try import it on Davinci Resolve or any similar software. I'll be attaching the Codec Info and other screenshots.

Comment

Nothing out of the ordinary, as far as I can tell.
            Can you check one more thing - when you export to mp4, Player asks you to specify the quality. I'm assuming you've used 100 - if so, can you try any different value, say 99?

And I don't think I've asked, but what version are you running? The latest one is 2.10.01. If you're using an older version - try the latest one just in case (there were some fixes to exporting in it).
            Alex Yolov
            Product Manager
            www.chaos.com

Comment

It may be that CP uses ffmpeg and so it won't be read by some other apps without that codec...I think Premiere at least is one of those, in the situation I had with a client.
              https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Originally posted by yolov View Post
                Nothing out of the ordinary, as far as I can tell.
                Can you check one more thing - when you export to mp4, Player asks you to specify the quality. I'm assuming you've used 100 - if so, can you try any different value, say 99?

And I don't think I've asked, but what version are you running? The latest one is 2.10.01. If you're using an older version - try the latest one just in case (there were some fixes to exporting in it).

I believe I'm using the latest version. I recently got back to doing animations and tried doing your suggestion of using a different value. Doing this seems to do the trick, I'm just confused as to why it has to be this way. I guess what fixeighted pointed out seems to be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by yolov View Post
                  when you export to mp4, Player asks you to specify the quality. I'm assuming you've used 100 - if so, can you try any different value, say 99?
                  This worked for me as well... Was having the same issue with 2.0 and the latest build 2.10.01

Comment

Working...
                  X