OCIO not displaying correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCIO not displaying correctly

Trying to display EXR sequence in ACES colour space with sRGB view transform and it looks incorrect. Colour corrections also do not seem to work in high dynamic range. When I adjust the exposure everything is clipped, almost as if the adjustment is being done after the ACES view transfrom instead of before it.
    The image below displayed in DJV is correct.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Junglejuz; 24-02-2022, 10:15 PM.

i have seen similar issues trying to display footage shot with alexa correctly. Transforming AcesCG to display srgb does work, though.

Comment

Originally posted by ronald_a View Post
      i have seen similar issues trying to display footage shot with alexa correctly. Transforming AcesCG to display srgb does work, though.
      Not correctly for me. Would be interested to see a comparison from you showing VFB vs Chaos Player.

Comment

You are actually correct - it does not work for acescg either. it is closer that the alexa transform, but I see some weird banding. Comparing it to nuke.

Comment

Can you compare to the VFB? I'm trying to do a comparison here, but can't get Djv to match, but I have a match between Chaos Player and VFB with the same image.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ocio_player_vfb.png
Views:	424
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	1141379
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
          www.chaos.com

Comment

hmm... i just tried it with a different EXR and it was consistent across all 3. Not sure why the other one wasn't working.

Comment

It could have been a number of things.
              If you come across this again, do let me know. I'm sure that if there's a bug, we'll get to the bottom of it one way or another.
              Alex Yolov
              Product Manager
              V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
              www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
              X